Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Misty's Admirer

TIPPER

Girls, girls...we've never been so excited!! Misty has a male admirer!! Yes, it's true!! Did you read Misty's lesson about collars? Well, it was in those comments that Speedy of Kattonic made his true feelings known. My beautiful, little baby sister...I can't believe it. I thought she'd be a little older when she had her first romance, but girls, you never know when love will find you! I'm so happy for her...

GEORGE

Wait just a minute here. WE are not excited and happy...you are excited...Misty is happy. Max and I want to talk privately with Speedy about his intentions towards our baby sister.

MAX

Yeah, who is this Speedy guy, anyway? What do we know about him?

MISTY

Alright!! Can't a girl have any privacy in this family?! Does everybody have to know everything?! I don't want you and George talk to him. He likes me and you two might scare him off. This is my first chance to know another cat outside our family!

GEORGE

As your older brothers, it's our duty to protect you, Mist. You're very young and inexperienced, so we think...Max and I, that is...that we should just have a few polite words with Speedy. We also think you should have a chaperone...

MISTY

Mom!!!! A chaperone?! I'm not a baby you know! How can Speedy and I talk with my two brothers sitting there, flexing their muscles & claws and glaring at him? I'd be mortified and Speedy would never come back!

MOM

OK, everyone just calm down. Misty, why don't you tell us what you know about Speedy? Then maybe you could invite him over so we can get to know him. I promise George and Max won't intimidate him.

MISTY

Well, Speedy is just so handsome. Don't you think he's handsome, Mom? And he's young too...just over a year old. He's gray and white, like me, and he wears a tuxedo! He's very well dressed, don't you think? And he has such a distinctive nose marking, too. He has two sisters, Zippy & Sadie and he lives not too far from us, so he could come for a visit. Can he come for a visit, Mom? Can we make catnip cookies? What else do you think he'd like...maybe some tuna water? Oh, oh! I'll let him play with my new feather butt mousies from Santa! Mom, Tipper, will you help me get everything ready?

Speedy, I can't wait to see you! Of course, Zippy & Sadie are invited, too.

12 Comments:

At January 02, 2007 11:12 AM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

I think your brothers are just protective of you, Misty. Which is nice.

Happy New Year to all the Crew!

 
At January 02, 2007 12:27 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

he he he, if we hadded a little sisfur, we would be like that too. Speedy is a nice dude, your brofurrs should haf no prollems wif him.

 
At January 02, 2007 1:08 PM, Blogger Gemini said...

Oh it's so furry nice that you have such nice and protective big brothers!

 
At January 02, 2007 6:51 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

How nice that Misty has a special furiend. I know it is nice to have a speical furiend in Princess Mia.

So if Sadie and Zippy come along, they can distract George and Max.

 
At January 02, 2007 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay! what a cute couple you two make. we thought it wuz so cute how he asked you out on a date an all. you too are way adorable.

 
At January 02, 2007 10:57 PM, Blogger Mattingly said...

Oh this is such cute news! I can understand a bit where Max and George are coming from though because I think I would react the same way if someone was interested in Harlie at her young age. Anyway, it's nice to see so much love in the cat blogosphere. I'm glad to see it because it's helping me to build up the courage to approach another gray and white lady of your household. I have been nervous to do it because there was some discussion of interest between her and Eddy and I like Eddy and don't want to cause problems. Anyway, I don't want to take the spotlight off Misty and Speedy and their special news. That will give me a few more days to get up my nerve.

 
At January 03, 2007 1:44 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

Congratulation Speedy and Misty are you engaged or just dating?

George - I agree tuna water is the best bit.

Faz

 
At January 03, 2007 1:59 AM, Blogger Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Yeah, Misty, I think I'd be the same way about anycat sniffing around my sister! Though this is very exciting news! Congratulations!

Speaking of sisters....

May I introduce you to Persephone? I think she'd like a couple more friends her own age!

Persephone, this is Misty! She's just a month younger than you and she knows lots of important kitten stuff. Misty, this is my sister Persephone! She's a mighty mousie hunter!

I'd also like to wish all of you a Happy New Year! Yeah, ok, I'm a bit late...I missed a lot of New Years Day and I'm still catching up!

 
At January 03, 2007 7:57 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

I had to have a shap-a-rone when I visited with my Beezie. Momma said I was too young so Patches went along with me.

Precious

 
At January 03, 2007 9:04 AM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Oh, how exciting...so much kitty romance. Guess we ought to have more parties.

 
At January 03, 2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Pearl C. Pritchard said...

Oh man... I feel trouble brewing.

These two once invited a cat to our house and it was... well... a cat-astrophe! Ha!

 
At January 04, 2007 6:38 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

I, um, didn't meen dat I wanted to, um, do, like, anything bad wif yoor sisfur. I just fink she is purty and I wood like to get to know her bettur. Oh, my sisfurs woodent let me go on a date wifout one of dem coming to shaparone. Dey were mad at me fur kissing gerls on New Years Eve, but I got into da nip and had sum shampane and wuz furry acited. It was jus a noze touch onna cheek! Sadie is trying to teech me good manners, and she is doing a purty good job. She sez dat boyz mature slower dan gerls so I'z prolly got sum more werk to do. Yoo guyz are rite to worry bout yoor little sisfur, she is so beyootiful dat der iz prolly gonna be a line uf boy kitties just wantin to sit and hold her paw. And datz all I wanna do~Speedy
Zippy here, as the "eldest" I don't think it is a good idea for Speedy and Misty to "date". He keeps saying "oh, Misty is so beautiful" well, o.k., he's infatuated. He's to young to be "in love" and she's way to young to be dating, but, we told him that if he wants to visit, and it's o.k. with Misty's mom that he could see her for a little while. With one of his sisters and at least one of her family members present. So, Max, George, what do you guys think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails