Which One Will She Believe?
Um...OK...I need to come up with some REALLY good excuses here before Mom sees this.
Let's see...uh...how does this sound?
1. Complete Denial: That's not me, Mom. An imposter George broke into our house and decided to lay in the plant. Do you think she'll believe that? No? Me either...alright, let's try this one.
2. Shifting Blame: You must be seeing things, Mom. Have you been drinking?! I'm shocked! Oh wait, Mom hardly ever drinks alcohol so that won't work. (sigh) Just give me a second here...how about
3. Mechanical Failure: Well obviously there's some problem with your camera! Darn it, that's no good 'cause the camera's almost new.
Oh, help me everyone! What am I going to do? Here she's been blaming Misty for breaking the plants and getting dirt all over, and now this incriminating picture of me suddenly appears!
Do you think she'd believe
4. The Sympathy Angle: I was passing through the dining room when suddenly I felt weak and very dizzy, so I thought it best that I rest for a while.
Oh wait...I've got it!! Something close to the truth should do it. How about
5. OK, fine...you caught me, but so what! All the plants here are plastic now because of Misty.
Hey, wait a minute!! I didn't wreck all the plants here...there are still 2 real ones that I'm workin' on! And obviously I'm not the only one gettin' dirt on the floor!