Friday, February 02, 2007

Friday Update

GEORGE

Well, I survived my V.E. T. visit. They took some blood to see about my kidneys and what type of yucky food I should be eating. As usual, I behaved very well and didn't make a sound when they took me into the "special room".

The good news is that my blood levels came back at the "high end of normal" which means I'm out of danger, but still have to stay on a low protein diet 'cause too much protein is hard on the kidneys of us older cats. So Mom will continue to buy the dry food with about 27% protein and maybe once in a while I'll eat some moist food, but only if I'm in the mood!

But, the worse thing was when I got home, Max told me I smelled funny! (sniff, sniff) Ewwww! (shudder) Doctors office smell!!! I know, I know! It's awful and (lick, lick, lick) no one likes that smell. So, if you'll just excuse me a second (lick, lick) while I (lick, lick, lick) clean up a bit! I have to lick everywhere they touched me!! (lick, lick, lick, lick)

Max, how is it now?


















MAX

(Sniff, sniff, sniff) Yep, you're good.

GEORGE

Thanks heavens!

OK, on to other news. Coats of Many Colors members, we have 3 new ladies in our group. Everyone knows them already... Daisy and Dazey & Jesse...but please welcome them. Any cat interested in joining, just email me your information for your membership badge.

Also, Tipper has been busy adding to her Valentine's List to be published next week. Come on everyone! I know there're cats who haven't responded yet with the name of your special guy or girl! Also, we're busy working on our entries for Skeezix's VD contest!

17 Comments:

At February 02, 2007 10:19 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Looks like you did a great job getting the stinky VET smell off of you. I am sooo glad yer blood levels came back showing you are out of danger.

ps: I already pasted my new badge up! Thanks!

 
At February 02, 2007 11:00 AM, Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I am so glad you v-e-t visit went well!

 
At February 02, 2007 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Slick is Scooby

 
At February 02, 2007 2:21 PM, Blogger LZ said...

I hate that smell! Gosh, whenever Latte comes back smelling like that I run for the hills! Glad you had a nice bath and the results were positive!

Chase

 
At February 02, 2007 3:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your blood levels came out well. At least you won't have to change your food. You did a good job of getting the vet smell off.

 
At February 02, 2007 3:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your okay.Eww vet smell is horrible I went yesterday and still I'm grooming today.

 
At February 02, 2007 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your okay. "Eww" vet smell is horrible. I went yesterday and still I'm grooming today :)

 
At February 02, 2007 11:33 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

George, the V e t didn't like our kidneys too much last time we hadda go there (4 big moons ago) and we hadda have pink squirty stuff down our moufs to see if it was an infectshun.

 
At February 03, 2007 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

we're glad you had a good report an also that you don't smell bad anymore. it takes a lotta licking to get that smell off.

 
At February 03, 2007 6:20 PM, Blogger Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

We are glad to hear your numers are in the normal range. That vet smell is yukkie. It always makes Mrs. B hiss at whoever has been to the vet.

 
At February 03, 2007 6:25 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we're glad that your blood levels were back to bein' good.

George and Max, Fank you for you defense of me to Kukka. You're the DOOD'S!!!! - Miles

 
At February 03, 2007 8:35 PM, Blogger Rosie & Cheeto said...

Oh george...were sooo happy. And it's a horruble smell when yoo get back frum the v-e-t. Way to take care of that...it's a grate thing Max has yer back!

 
At February 03, 2007 8:43 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

George, we're relieved that you're "normal" and you got that foul odor off of you. But what's this about being an "older" cat? You're a young'un of only nine years! Why, we're 12 (almost 13) and 15 and we don't feel old yet!

~J&B

 
At February 04, 2007 8:34 AM, Blogger Big Piney Woods Cats said...

When Precious came home and Momma shut her in the bedroom it smelled bad in there for a long time.

Patches (previously one of the Calico Girls, now named The Big Piney Woods Cats.)

 
At February 04, 2007 4:54 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

Gud fur u!! Weze glad yur blood werk wuz purrty gud! Yep, gotta git dat V-E-T smell ofn yur neckie.
Luf, Us

 
At February 04, 2007 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're glad to hear that your blood work was pretty good George. Always good. Getting that smell off can be a challenge though...

 
At February 05, 2007 11:43 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

I'm glad all is great with my man! I have to wonder, though...why is Skeezix having a Venereal Disease contest and, more importantly, why is one of my boyfriends entering?

:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails