Monday, October 08, 2007

A Question for the Guys

MAX

Today I want to talk about something that might happen to all us guys who have a Mom. Well, maybe it happens to guys that live only with a Dad, but I can't say for sure.

You all know I own the top shelf of our cat perch and I spend a lot of time there and Mom has to pass right by me to go into the kitchen or go outside. I also follow Mom into the human litterbox room 'cause I like to get a drink from the faucet and I sit near her when she's having her dinner so I can see what she's having and maybe she'll give me some. And I'm usually the first one to jump on the bed a night.

My point is that there are lots of times when I'm near Mom and sometimes we're even by ourselves, so I get a lot of pats and scritches and Mom and I talk a lot.

I don't know if she did this when I was a kitten...I don't remember. But recently she's started saying things like "Oh Max, look at you" and "How's my best tuxie boy?" and "How's the most handsome boy in the world?", then she pets my head and my tummy and tells me how smart I am and how good I am and stuff like that. At first I looked around and thought, gosh, this is embarrassing...I hope no one is listening! They might think I have a big ego or something.

Then I thought, well, probably it's 'cause now that I'm a big Mancat in my prime, she can't resist me...Mom's are girls after all. So I said, "Thank you, you can keep petting me. And um...you were saying....?"

GEORGE

Y'know, now that you mention it, Mom has said things like that to me, too.

MAX

REALLY?! You mean I'm not the most handsome boy in the world? Mom...who is the most handsome, me or George?!

MOM

Alright boys, let's settle this once and for all. All guy kitties are handsome and all girl kitties are beautiful. Max, you're the most handsome black & white boy and George, you're the most handsome gray & white boy. OK?

MAX

But Mom, you said "...most handsome in the world, IN THE WORLD"!

MOM

Well, sometimes Moms get carried away when they praise their children. It just means that I think you're the most handsome boys in the world and another guy's Mom will think her sons are the most handsome boys in the world. It's OK, 'cause you're definitely the most handsome boys in this house!

MAX

Guys, is this true? Does this happen to you, too? Does your Mom (or your Dad) tell you you're the most handsome guy in the world when it turns out you're just the most handsome guy in your house?

24 Comments:

At October 08, 2007 7:39 AM, Blogger LZ said...

We all have our own things. Kaze is the prettiest cat in the world (haha, yeah right). Latte is the cutest and I, of course, am the most handsome. I do think it has something to do with the "world" being about the size of our houses but I'm not completely sure.

Chase

 
At October 08, 2007 9:20 AM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Mom's take a lot of poetic license when they call us names. Mom says I am her favoritest Mancat. Duh, I am her only Mancat! But they are beans, so we love them anyway!
Hi 5 paw,
Tigger

 
At October 08, 2007 9:26 AM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

I've heard my mom say things like that to my brother Tommy. To me she says I'm "the prettiest little girl in the world" and calls me her little "sweetie pea".

Come to think of it sometimes she will see other cats pictures while I am visiting friends blogs and make comments about how handsome and cute they are...the nerve!

 
At October 08, 2007 10:29 AM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

You should hear my mommy. She tells me I'm the most wonderful cat in the world, the handsomest, the smartest, etc. I know she exaggerates but it's awfully nice to hear.

 
At October 08, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh yes! Mom tells me I'm da bestest mancat in da world...da WORLD. I think Chase has it right, der world is limited to our house. She calls Zippy sweety..um, she's anything but sweet. She gets it right wif Sadie when she calls her da "rubby piggie", dat gerl can't get enuff! We don't care, as long as she still loves us and talks nice...
Now, if yoor mom is saying dat Misty is da most beyootiful cat in da world I would have to agree.~Speedy

 
At October 08, 2007 11:09 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Yep, this happens to me too. I'm the cutest Sphynx in the World, the handsomest cat in the world, the sweetest Sphynx ever, the most adorable kitty ever, etc. Although she does like lots of other cats are huge, handsome, and beautiful (for the girls) too.

 
At October 08, 2007 11:48 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

I get told I am the finest cat they have--then I am told I am the finest meezer. Then I am told I am the finest chocolate point. Gemini is usually the sweetest--Georgia is the best cat. Hmph. I SHOULD be the best cat...

Chey

 
At October 08, 2007 11:48 AM, Blogger None said...

My male servant says I'm the best little girl he's ever had ... doesn't mean much since he has only had boys before me! Servants are just odd like that. I do get credited A LOT for my purrs and my snuggles but not so much for the bitey.

Purrrs,
Tamra

 
At October 08, 2007 11:53 AM, Blogger HRH Yao-Lin said...

The human ALWAYS informs me I am the most handsome boy in the house and of course, she is right. I hope she does not give baby Mao such compliments - it would be a downright lie!

xx

 
At October 08, 2007 1:05 PM, Blogger Mickey's Musings said...

I think you are the most handsome cats in HER world.It means she would not give you up for another cat.Just relax,she loves you and wants to keep you.That's all that matters.Because I am the handsomest Mancat in the world!!
Heh,heh,heh

 
At October 08, 2007 1:52 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Yep, happens to us, too. But Mom is slick: Titus is the best dawg in the world, I'm the best grey baby, and Tazo is the best speckle kitten. But Mickey's right - she wouldn't trade us for anything.

EG

 
At October 08, 2007 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being the only mancat in the house, mom says I am the most handsome boy in the world. She also tells my sisters that they are the most beautiful girls in the world too. So I would say that all our moms think we all are the most handsome or beautiful.

Your pal,
Bounce

 
At October 08, 2007 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a guy I just want to say I think your both handsome :)

 
At October 08, 2007 3:20 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

yes, all the time. Of course I am the only one here. But maybe, someday she will find a new kittie, then they will be the best, prettiest, handsomest etc.

 
At October 08, 2007 3:57 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

I may not even be the handsomest boy in our HOUSE!! sammy and I bof look alike, and mommy whispers in bof of our ears "you're the handsomest Meezer efurr". ::sigh:: but we're only tied for handsomest meezer. - Miles

 
At October 08, 2007 6:44 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Well, actually, my mom says I'm her favorite, favorite, favorite tiny boy in the whole universe! She tells me I'm a handsome boy but I'd rather be her most favorite than most handsome.

 
At October 08, 2007 7:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds to me like your momma is playing the field. I know for a fact that she thinks I am more handsome than my brother, Clyde. Yep, it's a fact.

 
At October 08, 2007 7:06 PM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Nope. My staff says I am the most handsome and cutest and most gorgeous cat in the world. And that's who I am. So obviously your Mom was lying when she claimed YOU are the most handsome guy in the world...
But as she never met me in person I think it's o.k. and for her you will both always be the best cats in the universe! Which you are. And mighty handsome, both of you!

 
At October 08, 2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Tara said...

Mom's get carried away. Happens to us too. I'm Mom's "favorite girl kitty", and Kavan is Mom's "favorite boy kitty". Talk about covering your bases!

Tara

 
At October 08, 2007 10:52 PM, Blogger Max said...

You now, the Woman talks so much I just don't listen anymore. I'm pretty sure al Moms think ALL their kitties are the best in the world. I just wish she'd quit using those cutesy names, because sooner or later she'll make me barf...

 
At October 09, 2007 1:45 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Hhehehehe, this is really sensitive subject, just don't mind about it~!
Every human who have pets will think thier pet is/ are the most beautiful/Handsome in the world. Trust me~!
But, people who have cats, they most love cat, after all, you are not the only 2 cats in the world, so, human love us, must also love the other cats as well.

And, there is always more beautiful one than us, that is the rule. But our importance won't replacable~! You have to believe that. You 2 are the most important cats of your mommy. All the other cats is just the pretty one~! And the care one, but won't be the first important one to your mommy :)

 
At October 09, 2007 2:30 AM, Blogger Christine and FAZ said...

I see your points. You can't both be the most handsome cats in the world, unless of course it's true. FAZ

 
At October 09, 2007 4:51 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

Mummy tells me this sort of thing too, but I know she's right! :) Tigmut'hep is the bestest, tallest, biggest, black 'n shiniest boy in the World, Isis is the cutest, sweetest, silliest, prettiest, little monkey mouse kitten in the World and more importantly I'm the bestest, loveliest, smartest, reddest, most loving and handsomest in the World! :)

 
At October 10, 2007 1:49 AM, Blogger Gretchen said...

I'm so glad you cleard that up. Now I know I'm the most beautiful girl cat in my house.
I'm the only cat in my house...*smile*

Hugs...G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails