Thursday, December 13, 2007

A Description of My Best-ever Sleep

GEORGE

I must give you a description of my best-ever sleeping. Yes, we have our cat perch that's good for naps in the sun, laps good for short snoozes, cushions with afghans to burrow under for slightly longer naps and our kitty beds for quick catnaps. But friends, last night I found the best, the ultimate, the FINAL WORD in sleeping arrangements and just knew I had to share this with you.

While I've slept on all the beds in our house, and sometimes for 8 hours or longer while Mom & Dad are at work, what I'm going to describe is best for nighttime sleeping...the time when we dream of kittyness and re-vitalize ourselves, preparing for the day to come.

George, what is this fantastic thing, you may ask? Fleece sheets, friends...FLEECE SHEETS!!! Yes, the ultimate in warmth and comfort for a cat. While this may not be of interest to those of you who live in warmer areas, we cats living in northern climates need heat and what could be better than sleeping on what feels like a warm, soft, cozy sweatshirt?

Naturally Mom bought these fuzzy wonders in blue (my color) so I can look my best while in bed.


MOM

Actually, it was the only color they had left in Queen size.

GEORGE

Whatever...can I get on with my story, please!

(sighs & rolls eyes) Anyway, last night was the first night I got to try the fleece. Usually I sleep on flannel sheets in the winter, so at first I was a little skeptical about this new fabric. But once I got under the quilt, between the sheets...friends, I cannot describe how good it felt against my fur, my face, my paws. All the tenseness of my daily responsibilities and stress melted away and I felt like I was floating on a warm cloud.

As usual, I slept cuddled in Mom's arm, my back against her chest. She takes my tail in her other hand and sweeps it up against my back paws, I rest my head on the pillow right next to hers and start purring until I fall asleep. And let me tell you, my purrer was working overtime last night! Of course, if Mom breathes on my ear, I flick it in her face and she doesn't like that so she moves her head back.

You're probably thinking "Man...George has it made!" Yes, I must admit being Senior Cat has it's advantages and I'm spoiled. Of course, Dad was in the bed too, and Tipper, Max and Misty were on top of the quilt, snuggled by Mom's or Dad's legs. But I'M the only cat who enjoyed the fleece sheets!

I highly recommend these fuzzy wonders, friends. If you live where it's cold, you might consider adding a set of fleece sheets to your list for Santa. Then you too can enjoy your best-ever sleep in your bed.

19 Comments:

At December 13, 2007 7:52 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Fleece sheets? Wow! And where do yoo get deze wundrous things? Our dad would like those, he's a flannel sheet freek and den we can crawl unner dem and sleep all day!

 
At December 13, 2007 8:43 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

George, that sounds very, very luxurious!

I do the ear-flick thing too if my Mommie breathes on my ear. It's funny.

 
At December 13, 2007 8:47 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

No one here cuddles under the sheets but the woman who is always cold is thinking, hmm... fleece sheets, where can I get some?

 
At December 13, 2007 11:49 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oh they sound heavenly!

 
At December 13, 2007 11:56 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, those fleece sheets sound fabulous. My Mum says she has seen them but wasn't sure how they would be for sleeping. Now she knows and she will have to go find some.

 
At December 13, 2007 12:17 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Those sound very warm! You do have it made, getting the prime spot sleeping with Mom :-)

 
At December 13, 2007 1:17 PM, Blogger Tybalt said...

That sounds like pure HEAVEN!

 
At December 13, 2007 1:34 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

FLEECE SHEETS?! Holy cats! We need some of those. Mooooommmmm!

How is the shock factor? Momma wears fleece jammy pants and when she uses the fleece blankie on the couch, then she ends up shocking us (not on purpose). Are they really crackly and shock-y? Momma wants to put those on her Christmas list.

Love,
Tazo

 
At December 13, 2007 3:32 PM, Blogger Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At December 13, 2007 3:33 PM, Blogger Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Da momee here waz wonderin' about doze fleece tingz. She alreddy haz da flannel. Da gurlz Delilah & Iris & Auntie Stinkie are da only onez who sleeps on da beanz bed. Us Man-cats were run off by gurlz flingin' tailz & micez & coverz evfurry where. It soundz much more resbectabull at your housee. & da momee here sez dat your momee iz furry lucky to haz such a snuggle bunny az you. Howevfur, I mustee say, you doez not look like a "wabbit" to me!

 
At December 13, 2007 4:07 PM, Blogger Tyler said...

What a wonderful review you wrote there George. Even though we live in California, it does get cold enough for flannel sheets. Fleece sheets sound wonderful. I enjoyed reading about how you sleep in your mom's arms. We have two kittens and one of them has taken to sleeping under the comforter next to Mom, but the other kitten won't leave her in peace. It's all quite funny.

 
At December 13, 2007 5:22 PM, Blogger ASTOR CATS said...

We live where it's warm most of the time but our Nanny is always cold - so that's a good idea to get her some fleesce sheets. She likes her flannel sheets but we think your endorsement seals the deal. Mom has been racking her brain (what there is of it) for something to give her. Thanks!!!

Midnite & Stray Kitty

 
At December 13, 2007 5:28 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

That sounds delightful George, glad you got a good night's rest. Mum says she would probably get too hot with those type of sheets.

 
At December 13, 2007 8:25 PM, Blogger Max said...

OHMYGOSH that sounds like a fresh sweatshirt right outta the dryer! What else could be better?????

 
At December 13, 2007 9:20 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

George that sounds super! We're gonna have to look into that. We thought the puffy down duvet was good, but there could be more!?

 
At December 13, 2007 10:45 PM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Oah Wowww....... it's really great~!!!!!!

 
At December 14, 2007 4:20 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

Oh yes those are wonderful, d'boy has them on his bed in a nice shade of chocolate brown - good for hiding cat fur! We'z all look forward to him having those on in the winter and take it in turns to try and sneak into bed with him and enjoy them ourselves! ;)

 
At December 14, 2007 4:28 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Oh my! These sheets sound dreamy!

 
At December 15, 2007 7:47 AM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

Way to go nose twin! I'm the senior poodin here too. I like to sleep on the fleece beds that Maw makes. She doesn't have fleece sheets. Bummer.

Luf, Bow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails