Monday, December 03, 2007

Our Biggest Snoopervising Ever

GEORGE

Mom has decided to remodel the main bathroom in our house. I'm very excited about it 'cause this will be my biggest snoopervising project EVER, plus keeping myself busy makes the time go faster until Santa comes! Naturally, Max will be assisting me and here we are getting started. I'm checking Mom's spackling job and Max is seeing if there are any places she missed.

This is the list of things we'll need to do, and some have already been started

1. Tear off old wallpaper and scrape the walls - I have sniffed every piece of paper that fell on the floor to be sure it's OK to throw away. I even ran off with a few and Mom had to call out to Dad to catch me before I chewed it.

2. Spackle and sand walls to prepare for painting - We might be better off staying out of the room while this is being done, 'cause we don't want all that junk in our furs.

3. Lay new floor tiles - This is very important, 'cause this is where everyone walks and we need to be safe!

4. Put new tiles on the walls - This might be important for us 'cause we like to sit in the window and the tile will come up to right under our window. It should compliment us in any position we choose to lay.

5. Paint the walls - I really don't have a color preference here, but I do think it's important to leave a few furs on the wall while the paint is wet. I'm planning to shake myself vigorously so my furs will fly around and make a nice pattern in the fresh paint. I think the entire Crew should leave some of their furs.

6. Put in a new cabinet and attach hardware - This is very important 'cause there will be 2 more drawers to inspect.

7. Put in a new sink top - The one we have now has one sink and the new one will have two sinks. This means two of us can lay in a sink at once, but I'll still have my corner to sit on in the morning while I wait for Dad to shower.

8. Hook up new faucets - Very important for Max to get fresh water each day

9. Hang new mirrors over each sink - We cats like to check ourselves out and look our best!

10. Hook up a new light - How can you check yourself out in the dark?!

Mom and I hope to get this finished before Santa comes, but I'm not sure about that. If I get distracted even for a second, she tends to slack off, sit down and put her feet up. That way, nothing will get done!!

(sigh) I can see this is going to mean a huge cutback in my napping schedule just to keep Mom on task, but as Senior Cat here, it's my responsibility. See all you younger cats, being Senior Cat is not all perks...there's lots of work involved!!

21 Comments:

At December 03, 2007 9:10 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

George, it is going to be a very big snoopervising job, but you are the Mancat for the job!

 
At December 03, 2007 10:44 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

George that is a HUGE snoopervising job, but we is shur you is up to the task

 
At December 03, 2007 11:19 AM, Blogger Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

George, Since you haz become da general con-tractor, I tink you needz to gets a bigger paycheck, EG: A full sack of Temptashunz & Greeniez. Dis iz da only reasona-bull ting.

-DR Tweety

 
At December 03, 2007 11:42 AM, Blogger Tybalt said...

Wow! You have a lot of work ahead of you! Good luck!

 
At December 03, 2007 12:47 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Would yoor mom like to come over when she's done and help mom wif some tile stuff? Dad keeps saying he'll do it and he doesn't want mom to do it AT ALL so unless she gets it all done in one day he'll be, as she sez, "a big crank" about it. We say dat she should just go fur it...dad will neffur get around to doing it and she's already used to him being cranky. We would snoopervise, so dat is not a prollem.

 
At December 03, 2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

It does sound like a really big job. I think you are totally up to it though.

 
At December 03, 2007 1:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You guys are going to be very, very busy!

Please send your Mum and yourself and Max over to our house after you guys are finished, we have lots of stuff you guys could do. I will snoopervise!

 
At December 03, 2007 2:14 PM, Blogger Chancy, Jake, Babe and Ernies Voice said...

Oh please come to my house...we gotta tear off wallpaper, too. Mom says we need toget this done. It's not going to get done all by itself. I keep telling her, I will help!

 
At December 03, 2007 3:34 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

#5. Paint the walls. Hey, textured walls are the new "matte". De rigor, as they say! Try to shed evenly, though, fer that prefeshunal look...

 
At December 03, 2007 5:16 PM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

Oh that sounds like lots of work. But you beings the Senior Mancat, I am sures you can do's a good job at it!

 
At December 03, 2007 5:40 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good luck on the snoopervising job. Mum said she did the bathroom before she got me. But it included getting a whole new tub too.

 
At December 03, 2007 5:51 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

As senior cats we have to take good care of our humans.They need us to keep them on task. You should ask your siblings to help with the furring of the walls.The blend of cat hairs will be a nice decorative touch.

 
At December 03, 2007 6:11 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

I can tell you have a big job ahead of you snoopervising all the bathroom renovations, but I'm sure you're all up to it!

 
At December 03, 2007 7:15 PM, Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

It seems like your mum's got lotsa jobs lined up already after she's done your bathroom, but Kate said that she can come over to Australia and do our bathroom when she's finished everyone else's! No hurry...

 
At December 03, 2007 8:25 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

That is a very big project to snoopervise, but it looks like you have everything under control!

 
At December 04, 2007 3:26 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

Oh that sounds like a huge project to snoopervise! I wasn't here when Dad did our bathroom, so Tigmut'hep had to do all the snoopervising by himself... :)

 
At December 04, 2007 4:57 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Wow - I get tired just thinking about how much work it is going to be snoopervising!

 
At December 04, 2007 5:34 AM, Blogger MISS PEACH ~(^.^)~ said...

Lapdaddy did that bathroom thing while mommy was gone...she is still freaking out! We must retile the floor:( I would like to invite you to come to my Victorian Tea party Wednesday afternoon...I hope you can stop in for a nice cuppa tea and a crumpet or marzipan mouse.
Purrrs Peachy

 
At December 04, 2007 8:35 AM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

I'm tired just reading all of the snoopervising responsibilities you have just taken on. Hope all goes well.

 
At December 04, 2007 2:46 PM, Blogger Jan Price said...

We can see you are very busy and have a lot of snoopervising to do to keep this project moving forward. Keep us posted. And if you ask for a raise, we think you should get it. That's a lot of responsibility for one cat.

Jan's Funny Farm

 
At December 05, 2007 4:58 PM, Blogger Tommy and Teaghan said...

Good luck wif dat baffroom job. If yoo need any tips, we jus remodeled owr baffroom dis past May. It wuz a big jobbie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails