Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finding the Guilty One

GEORGE

Today when I got up and looked outside, this is what I saw. Someone...possibly an intruder...knocked over our birdie bath. Luckily it isn't broken or Mom would be really upset 'cause she just got it last summer.

In order to root out the guilty party and get to the bottom of this mystery, I've decided to interview the entire Crew to see what facts can be divulged.

Max... you're first! Where were you last night and what were you doing?

MAX

Me?! Why do I have to go first?

You know exactly where I was!! I was on the bed with you, Mom & Dad.



GEORGE

Oh yes, that's right. I was between Mom & Dad and you were by her feet. OK, you're in the clear. Let's move along then.

Tipper, where were you?

TIPPER

I was sleeping upstairs and I didn't see or hear anything and besides, what gives you the right to accuse me?!

GEORGE

As Senior Cat here, I have a responsibility to question everyone. Are you sure you don't know anything about this?

TIPPER

Of course I'm sure!!! What's wrong with you?!

GEORGE

Nothing! I'm just trying to find out what happened and who did this.

Misty, can you account for your time last night? Do you have an alibi and any witnesses that can vouch for your whereabouts?

MISTY

Get real!!! Do you actually think I got out and knocked over the birdie bath?

It weighs 4 times what I do and besides Mom watches me like a hawk. You know I haven't been able to sneak out of the house since I was a kitten and then I only got as far as the garage!

GEORGE

Hmmm...maybe I should expand my interviews to include Mom.

Mom, do you have a theory about what happened?

MOM

I think it was a raccoon or maybe a deer. I found fresh tracks by the spireas and they ate all the buds off our hydrangea bushes yesterday.

I appreciate your concern, but don't worry dear. Dad will fix the bird bath just like new!

22 Comments:

At June 26, 2008 8:25 AM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

I knew none of you were guilty!

Laila

 
At June 26, 2008 8:40 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I was pretty sure none of you were involved. It was probably a nasty, vishus deer--be careful you guys!

 
At June 26, 2008 8:42 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

we are pretty shur it was a vishus deer.

 
At June 26, 2008 10:12 AM, Blogger Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Wow, an intruder knocked over your bird bath! It is good that your dad can fix it.

 
At June 26, 2008 10:28 AM, Blogger Cat Street Boyz said...

Aw, all kitties are PURRFECT! WINK!!=^Y^=Ty

 
At June 26, 2008 10:36 AM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

George, you are a pretty askeery investigator. I think i would've 'fessed up whether I did it or not!

Love,
Tazo

 
At June 26, 2008 10:43 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I am certain a vishus deer did it!

 
At June 26, 2008 11:03 AM, Blogger TabbyNormal said...

I hope you watch carefully to find out who may really be doing it! Will you tell us if you see them?

 
At June 26, 2008 11:20 AM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

Holy cats what a mystery! I wonders if Sherlock Cat would come to investigates?

Fanks for the well wishes! I am so not sures about this alien blurpy yet.

 
At June 26, 2008 1:43 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Those darn deer...they can't leave anything alone!! Specially, mom's flowers!

Wally, Ernie & Zoey

 
At June 26, 2008 3:24 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

A vishus deer! That has to be the kulprit! I'm glad you can fix the burd bathie. It's furry purretty!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 
At June 26, 2008 3:27 PM, Blogger Babs (Beetle) said...

You have deer in your gardens? And they are vishus?

We only get snails and worms and slugs and spiders and of course birdies. The biggest thing we get is another kitty!

Purrs, Sukie X

 
At June 26, 2008 7:13 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mum votes for raccoon on the birdie bath. They knock ours over too, but ours is plactic.

 
At June 26, 2008 7:33 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

I bet it was an alien!

 
At June 26, 2008 7:48 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

I just knew it could not be yoo Misty, but, if George had gotten any more extreme in his kwestchuning I coulda been yoor alibi...after all, I did sneak over to yoor house just to watch yoo sleep.~Speedy

 
At June 27, 2008 8:36 AM, Blogger Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

You had better put out vishus deer repellent!!

 
At June 27, 2008 10:46 AM, Blogger Lux said...

I'm sure glad the bird bath can be fixed! (I know you didn't do it.)

 
At June 28, 2008 11:16 AM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

I bet it was a rascally raccoon! Or a family of them!

 
At June 28, 2008 1:33 PM, Blogger Nomi said...

I'm wif the vischus deer feory

 
At June 28, 2008 3:08 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

You are just being a respnsible mancat George.You saw something wrong in your territory and you ivestigated.

 
At June 29, 2008 8:42 PM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

Thank you so much for your condolences about Emil, we really appreciate it.
We are sure it was neither one of you! Probably a vishus deer, we are glad it didn't break!
Karl and Mrs. OZ

 
At June 30, 2008 5:48 AM, Blogger Parker said...

George, I think you should work for the FBI! (Feline Bureau of Investigation!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails