Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Only Closed Them for a Second

GEORGE

(sigh) I don't know what's wrong with my Mom & Dad. It seems like they're always doing projects around the house. Don't they know how to rest?

First it was tearing apart our old deck last summer and laying new floor boards, then the big bathroom remodeling, then the new floor in the living room. Through it all Max and I were there, doing our part...you know, the important stuff, the snoopervising...without which who knows what disaster might happen, which is exactly what I want to tell you about.

This past weekend just as I was settling in for my Sunday morning nap, Dad said we'd better get ready 'cause they were putting up the deck posts & rails today! WHAT!!! I had a quiet day planned and Max was already asleep on the top shelf. Now Dad wants us to stay awake and be sure he doesn't make any mistakes? This is really getting to be too much. Snoopervisors should get time off once in a while, shouldn't they?!

Well, so out they went anyway...got all hot, sweaty & crabby and had to keep coming in for a cool drink. Then they'd go out again and measure and carry the posts & rails around and measure some more, saw some pieces and put in some screws. Through it all I could barely keep my eyes open and must have dozed off but I woke up when I heard Mom shouting about how they cut one rail too short and she'd had it! She was crabby & hot and her back & neck hurt and she wasn't doing any more today!!!

Well, don't you know then Dad came in and asked me where I'd been and blamed me...ME!...for not snoopervising him right when he cut the rail piece too short. Apparently snoopervisors aren't even allowed to close their eyes now, for fear their humans will make a mistake!

Where do I go to file a complaint? Is there a Snoopervisor's Union?

16 Comments:

At July 31, 2008 7:32 AM, Blogger Spooky said...

Oh, good grief! You're a cat, for Pete's sake (who's Pete?)! Your number one priority is napping...closely followed by eating...and, uh, pooping. Snoopervising is just not a priority with us cats. Is it?

However, I don't know about a Union, but I'd be willing to bet we could form one. First thing I'd do is punish the human in my place who forgot to fill my water bowl! Then, the one who put too much water in the sink would be next in line!

When my people are crabby, I have found that under the bed is the safest place to be. Good luck!

 
At July 31, 2008 8:04 AM, Blogger Nomi said...

I fink a snoopervising union is a great idea. We need wecourse to support when beans are being way too demanding.

 
At July 31, 2008 8:59 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

ferst, sub-or-dinates are NEFUR supposed to yell at snoopervisors. So, your dad should be fired for in-sub-ord-inashun. that will teach him!
hee hee

 
At July 31, 2008 9:18 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Well, if you never nap, how do they expect you to have a clear head for all that snoopervising?

 
At July 31, 2008 1:21 PM, Blogger My Littel Island said...

well finely we find furry one who understand us we is 6 and we want union we have to snoopervice the 14 year old wuffy and one big wuffy it is allways trying to eat us so here we UNION UNION just go on STRIKE From all 6 of us

 
At July 31, 2008 1:22 PM, Blogger My Littel Island said...

i love your babys and your blog thanks for coming over see how rud mine ar they wont let me blog first LOA

 
At July 31, 2008 2:14 PM, Blogger Babs (Beetle) said...

Well, I think they must expect trouble once we form a snoopervising union. Naps, temptations, naps, stinky goodness, naps.....

 
At July 31, 2008 2:20 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

They just don't understand how much rest a good snoopervisor needs!

And Mommy says if they get tired of working there they are always welcome to help at our house :-)

 
At July 31, 2008 2:22 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

If you can't find a Snoopervisor's Union to file your complaint with, I think you should leave your Dad a present. I suggest a nice big wet hairball yak beside the bed for him to step into ;-)

 
At July 31, 2008 7:25 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I thinks you should both go on strike!

 
At July 31, 2008 7:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

yeah! go on stike! then, what will they do?!? Anyway, they should take a hint from you and nap inside on hot days instead of doin' projects.

 
At July 31, 2008 7:40 PM, Blogger (angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Napping is a sign of a good snoopervisor. A well-rested snoopervisor does a better job. I think you need to file a grievance.

 
At August 01, 2008 12:40 AM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Snoopervisi is hard werk! We try not ta to it. But sometimes ya gotta!

 
At August 01, 2008 1:17 AM, Blogger Lux said...

Heavens to Betsy, some beans and snoopervisors are working too hard at your house!

 
At August 01, 2008 2:25 AM, Blogger Tigmut'hep said...

Mom's and Dad's are all crazy, mine have let my boy go on holiday with another cat and plan to take a week off soon to decorate the kitchen and dining room here! When they mentioned time off I thought long snuggles and naps, but oh no I'll be awake and snoopervising when I should be snoozing!

 
At August 01, 2008 7:48 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

George, I feel for ya, buddy. I don't know what it is about moms and dads who constantly feel they have to improve things. I mean really, when do we ever want new things, unless it's a new cat tower.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails