Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Identifying the Strange Scent

GEORGE

Hi everyone...we're back!

Mom & Dad arrived home safely yesterday and I helped them unpack and sniffed everything carefully. As I was checking to see if they brought us any gifts (can you believe they didn't?!), I detected a very strange scent on Mom's purse. I was intrigued and decided to pursue this further.

(ahem) How was your trip, Mom?

MOM

Just fine Georgie, and thanks for taking good care of the house.

GEORGE

Well...that didn't explain the strange scent, so I put more pressure on her.

Are you sure there isn't anything you want to tell me?

MOM

No, why?

GEORGE

Not being satisfied with her response and still unable to identify the scent, I decided to look in her camera and look what I found!!!

Then how do you explain THIS, Mom?! (slaps paw on the picture of a strange cat)

Who is this? Have you brought home another cat without asking us?

TIPPER

Another cat! I want to meet her. Where is she? Is she in the car? (heads towards garage)

MAX

Well, I'll tell you right now, I'm not sharing my top shelf with a 4th cat!

MISTY

Are we getting a new sister? Does she like feather-butts?

MOM

Everyone calm down!!! You're not getting a new sister.

I met this little girl in the parking lot at the Holiday Inn in Owego, NY. As you can see, she's very friendly and at first I thought she was lost. I was ready to find a store and buy a carrier, litterbox & food so I could bring her home, but decided to ask about her at the front desk. They said she's their mascot and she lives there so she's well cared for.

Isn't she pretty? She reminds me of Mistrie and Precious.




GEORGE

I have a feeling that if the hotel lady hadn't given Mom the right answer, we WOULD have a new sister!!








16 Comments:

At July 08, 2008 10:23 AM, Blogger ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

George
She is a beauty and friendly, she would have been a good sister,but we are glad she is well cared for by the hotel!

Purrs
Abby

 
At July 08, 2008 11:18 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

hey! mommy knows where that kitty lives!!!!

she's very pretty!

 
At July 08, 2008 12:09 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

Whew - that was a close call! Though she does look like a nice kitty!

 
At July 08, 2008 1:25 PM, Blogger LZ said...

Oh that sure was a close call! She is a very pretty and friendly lady.

We are south of I-80, we're right next to the Philadelphia bridges. Glad they made it home safely!

Chase

 
At July 08, 2008 2:08 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

That is a pretty kitty! It would be fun if they would let her stay overnight with guests who wanted company.

 
At July 08, 2008 3:43 PM, Blogger Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

She is a beauty! It is nice that she is well taken care of!!

 
At July 08, 2008 3:55 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh, yoo guys almost hadded a new sisfur! Welcome home to yoor beans...did yoo pretend to be angry at least fur a little while? Misty, yoo haf to come over and visit, bring da others too, Speedy has been really quiet while he couldn't talk to Misty...he even ignored us gerls hissing at each other!

 
At July 08, 2008 4:02 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh she is a very floofy and lovely cat. I am glad that she is so well cared for and friendly.

 
At July 08, 2008 6:57 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I think your right George. You almost had another sisfur.

 
At July 08, 2008 7:32 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Oh yeah, still roast beast in the cold box!

 
At July 09, 2008 2:04 AM, Blogger Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Wow. She is very beautiful, and you sound like you WANT a new sister!

 
At July 09, 2008 7:47 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

ack! we was commenting on a different post and it disappeared!!!

 
At July 09, 2008 9:00 AM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

She is so cute and furendly! Wonder if your mom would have been arrested if she had taken her?

Laila and Minchie

 
At July 09, 2008 12:16 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

I think you're right, George. Good thing she's their mascot kitty!

 
At July 09, 2008 12:31 PM, Blogger Karen and Gerard said...

What a great hotel to have a cat as a mascot. I'm sure you mom missed all of you very much while she was traveling. You sure don't miss a thing, do you? Cats are so SMART!

 
At July 09, 2008 7:31 PM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

She's a kyootie-pie!

Luf, Us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails