Monday, February 16, 2009

Napping

GEORGE

Max is driving me crazy. He follows me everywhere.

MAX

No I don't.

GEORGE

Yes you do. You even admitted it! I can't go anywhere in this house by myself any more. I look over my shoulder, and there you are!

MAX

Well, I'm concerned. I just want to be sure you're OK. You're not a young guy any more, you know. You might need me, so I think I should know where you are.

GEORGE

Just because I'm a geezer cat doesn't mean I'm senile!! If I get on the big bed to nap, you nap next to me. If I jump off the bed, you jump down and follow me. If I go upstairs, you follow me. If I go to the food bowl or the litterbox, you follow me. I'm still capable of going to the food bowl alone, you know. And I do quite well in the litterbox without any help!!

MAX

Fine!!! I'm only trying to watch out for you.

Is this the thanks I get for showing love and concern for my only big brother...the one who raised me and taught me everything I know? The one who helped me become the great Mancat that I am? The one who I've always admired and looked up to? The one who I try and be like?

GEORGE

Aren't you laying it on a bit thick?

MAX

No. I'm just hoping you're not cranky today and will let me nap by you!

GEORGE

(sigh) Fine...come on. Let's jump up on the bed.

MAX

Move over. I need a little more room.

21 Comments:

At February 16, 2009 6:45 AM, Blogger The Creek Cats said...

Max, we think it's so sweet how you look out for your older Mancat brofur!!!

 
At February 16, 2009 8:20 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Kirby tries to follow me, but hi is too active to nap as long as I do! I think it is nice of max to adore you!

 
At February 16, 2009 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww that's so sweet :)

 
At February 16, 2009 8:32 AM, Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

Even though little brothers can be a pest, they are pretty nice to have around!

 
At February 16, 2009 8:44 AM, Blogger Cat Street Boyz said...

Maybe you need to find hiding places where you can have alone time, sometimes we do that but then other times we are glad to not be alone!=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

 
At February 16, 2009 9:29 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Hmm.... I do that with Georgia. I think she sounds a lot like George too...

 
At February 16, 2009 10:02 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

it's furry nice of you to take care of the elderly. - Miles

uh, Miles, dude, that was HARSH. George is not elderly. - Sammy

ummm, i'm sorry George dude. heh heh heh? - Miles

 
At February 16, 2009 10:35 AM, Blogger Maggie May said...

Hey Gang! I have given you an award over at my blog. Stop by and pick it up sometime, ok!
XOXO
Maggie May

 
At February 16, 2009 11:43 AM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Awwwww.......Max that is so sweet!! Tigger always wants to snuggle with me, but I don't snuggle anyone but Mom and Dad once in a great while!!
Your FL furiends,

 
At February 16, 2009 12:16 PM, Blogger Daisy said...

Oh George, Max just loves you so!

 
At February 16, 2009 1:20 PM, Blogger Cliff and Olivia said...

You two should tour with this. Born comedians!

I wish I could get Cliff to snuggle that easily!

Olivia

 
At February 16, 2009 2:28 PM, Blogger Misha said...

Isn't it nice to be idolised, George?!

 
At February 16, 2009 4:08 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Everyone needs a little space to call their own. But brofurhood is good too.

 
At February 16, 2009 4:35 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

I see both of your sides. Aah, Max George sometimes just needs a little space. It's o.k. if you need to idolize him and follow him around...just do it surreptitiously and wait until he is asleep before you nap close to him. Just a thought. But then, I shouldn't be giving advice since I'm having sibling problems of my own.

 
At February 16, 2009 4:53 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery or something like that, right? I think he just looks up to you. I did the same thing with Shadow, the Dawg Who Came Before. I followed her everywhere and she taught me all kinds of stuff.

Your pal,
Titus

PS - Stop by our bloggie tomorrow if you have a minute - we have something for you!

 
At February 16, 2009 5:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a great compliments from Max, to yoo George! Yoo taught hims well =)

 
At February 16, 2009 6:26 PM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

"brothers, brothers, there were never such devoted brothers..."

it is kinda cool you have each other to look out for each other, even if one is the "little brother"

 
At February 16, 2009 9:29 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Mommy follows me around too, it's kinda nice.

 
At February 16, 2009 9:36 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Aw, George...Max is just trying to be a good little brofur...an annoying one too!

 
At February 17, 2009 8:46 AM, Blogger castle diva said...

Sweet and funny all at the same time. It's nice to have someone care about you.

Ms. P and Cinza

 
At February 17, 2009 3:56 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Sometimes your sibling just wants to be up your butt, all the time! A mancat's gotta have his space!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails