Monday, February 09, 2009

Payback

GEORGE

We all know weekends are for resting, right? So naturally I was resting on the back of the couch, enjoying the heat coming up from behind it, when Mom & Dad left to go shopping. Ahhhh... (sigh) the quiet, the warmth, the soft cushion.

Honestly friends, I had only closed my eyes for a fraction of a second (maybe less) when I heard her say "You're in exactly the same spot as when we left", and suddenly there was the flashy box in my face!! (click, FLASH - click, FLASH)

Blinded by the light I wondered momentarily if they were speaking to me. No, they couldn't be. They must be talking about something else 'cause I just laid down here.

Then they were both talking & laughing about how I hadn't moved a muscle in the whole 2 hours they were gone and I knew they were talking about me. It was humiliating for a cat in my position!! Now I ask you friends, as Senior Cat, should I have to put up with this? Am I not entitled to a nap considering everything I do around here!

I don't make comments about how my family spends their free time or where or how long they choose to nap! I don't tell the world that Mom spent all day Sunday doing NOTHING except sitting on the couch reading and watching old movies on TV, when she should have been working on our blog or at the very least vacuuming up the balls of cat fur rolling around on the floor or scooping out our litterboxes!!!

HA! How does it feel Mom, when I tell everyone that YOU did nothing but lay around. How does it feel now...now that the shoe is on the other foot, er, I mean the other paw?!

18 Comments:

At February 09, 2009 7:13 AM, Blogger The Creek Cats said...

George, you are too funny!! Sounds like you sure had a relaxing weekend and a great nap on the back of the couch.

 
At February 09, 2009 7:45 AM, Blogger castle diva said...

George, you have the right to relax where ever you choose for as long as you choose. It's in the Kitty Rules Manual.

Ms. P and Cinza

 
At February 09, 2009 7:45 AM, Blogger castle diva said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At February 09, 2009 9:14 AM, Blogger Spooky said...

George, as Senior Cat, and as a Cat in general, you have every right to nap as you wish, where you wish, and for as long as you wish. I know, because I, too, nap by those "rights" and Treater and Napper leave me alone. Well, most of the time.

Nap away, my friend!

 
At February 09, 2009 9:22 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Good for you. No cat should have to suffer the humiliation of being told they don't move enough!!!

 
At February 09, 2009 10:17 AM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

My mom lady person hasn't done that to me yet. Am I to expect that all mom lady persons do this? What should I do if she does? Molly says pee on her pillow but I don't know ......

~ Trooder ~

The mom lady said I can use TT's sign in for today.

 
At February 09, 2009 11:06 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You have the right to nap as long and in the same position as you want. youlooked comfortable!

 
At February 09, 2009 11:41 AM, Blogger meemsnyc said...

Awww, George, if you are having a good nap, why move?

 
At February 09, 2009 1:49 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

I would start disturbing their naps. Jump on their tummy, hard!

 
At February 09, 2009 2:57 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

George, I am sorry that your people are not respecting your right to nap. This is an outrage. You can come over to our house any time. We've got PRIMO NIP. :)

EG

 
At February 09, 2009 3:06 PM, Blogger Cliff and Olivia said...

Humans are hopeless. You just have to live with it.

 
At February 09, 2009 3:44 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

George, sometimes I am in the same position for much longer than 2 hours...the beans just gotta lighten up...

 
At February 09, 2009 5:46 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

So you took a two hour nap. No big deal, beans go to bed and sleep 6-8 hours a night at one time.

 
At February 09, 2009 6:30 PM, Blogger christy said...

we taggied you lovely kitties for an award :)

xo-Pippin, Turtle, and Ava Grace

 
At February 09, 2009 8:55 PM, Blogger Max said...

Man, I get that all the time. Sometimes, they even poke me to see if I'm breathing. I used to answer NO! I'M COMFORTABLE! when they asked me if I'd even moved, now I just roll over and show 'em my butt. You should try that.

 
At February 09, 2009 9:11 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Two Hours! That's nothing George, totally reasonable.

 
At February 10, 2009 3:52 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Yer Beins think a 2 hour nap is LONG? We sometimes nap fer 4 wifout movin a bit...

 
At February 10, 2009 6:26 PM, Blogger Hansel said...

dem beans an dem dum flashee boxees.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails