Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The Before Dawn Re-enactment

(4:25 AM. The boys are hovering in the hallway outside the bedroom door.)

MAX

I hear someone moving around in the bedroom. Yes...the door's opening. Hi Mom!

MOM

Hi boys. I'm not up yet, I'm just going to the bathroom.

GEORGE

Come on Max...quick, get in here before she shuts the door. (They zip into the dark bedroom & up onto the bed. Mom returns to bed, and realizing at least one cat's in the bedroom, leaves the door open so he can get out)

MOM

Oh, you're both here. Alright. Georgie, get under here and lay down. (holds covers up) It's not time to get up yet.

Max, will you just find a place and lay still. (Max lays on Mom's shoulder and stretches his front legs out on her face)

(George turns around multiple times to find just the right spot) Get your butt out of my face! (Finally curls up by Mom's chest & purrs loudly)

(Max extends claws into Mom's cheek) Ouch! Max watch your claws! (shifts slightly so claws are on her neck now) Everyone go to sleep.

(Max moves up a little so he can see George's head sticking out from the covers. One paw is in Mom's eye and one is in her hair) Max... CLAWS!!!

DAD

Mmmmphh...what time is it?

MOM

Quarter to five.

(Max now starts moving, walking up & down the length of Mom. He finally settles by her head with his full 18 lb., grabbing hold of her shoulder through her nightgown and putting his head right above hers, sniffing her hair. He checks on George again to be sure he's still under the covers. Purrs lightly and kneads toes on Mom's face & eyes. Tipper jumps onto bed)

Tipp, lay down. (settles on Mom's feet) Ugh...I can't move. Why can't any of you ever lay by Dad.

(George stretches full out sticking back claws into Mom's hand that's supporting his feet and pokes a whisker up her nose) Georgie... lay still!!

DAD

Is that my boy?

MOM

Yes. Here...(pushes George over to Dad)...take him!!

Max, alarmed that George has moved, has to find him now and moves to the center of the bed, walking around until he finds the lump of George under the cover. Lays down next to him) Oh, my shoulder...he's so heavy.

DAD

What time is it?

MOM

Ten after 5.

(Misty now joins everyone on the bed, walking behind Mom's head, stepping on her hair. She proceeds down the center of the bed past the George lump and Max, who hisses at her. Instead of settling down near Tipper, she decides to play and jumps at whatever moves) WILL EVERYBODY JUST LAY STILL!!

TIPPER

What are you hollering about? I'm not doing anything!

DAD

It doesn't matter, I have to leave early today anyway. (Gets up & leaves the bedroom. All cats follow. Mom now has the bed to herself but is wide awake and thinks "This would make a good post!")

30 Comments:

At March 18, 2009 8:46 AM, Blogger TabbyNormal said...

Wow, great job everyone! That is a terrific way to start your humans' day.

Purrs,
Abby & Stygia

 
At March 18, 2009 9:14 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

That is a great post. Our two are on and of the bed all night. Kirby will start takling and walking up and down around 4:30 when some one gets up for a trip to teh bathroom.

 
At March 18, 2009 10:11 AM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Sounds like early morning at our house!

 
At March 18, 2009 12:12 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Great post! It sounds like your house is a ton of fun! hee hee

Love,
Tazo

 
At March 18, 2009 12:14 PM, Blogger Cat Street Boyz said...

Mommy {{giggling}} says it reminds her of almost every morning and........nail clipping time!=^Y^=Ty, I'm the good boy!

 
At March 18, 2009 12:15 PM, Blogger Zeus said...

I don't know that I would have lived thru that had I been so brave as to interrupt the human pet's sleep. I guess, though, when you have four against one, it's way easier to dominate!

 
At March 18, 2009 1:26 PM, Blogger Pinky Ash and Boo said...

Wow our staff misses out on a lot of excitement just having us around.Your Mom and dad might be able to give up the alarm clock if you all keep up the good work.

Ash

 
At March 18, 2009 1:45 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Hahaha! Isn't that typical how they won't let you sleep LOL

 
At March 18, 2009 2:26 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Hmm... Except that there are fewer of us, that doesn't sound unfamiliar. Ours starts with Georgia walking on the Woman (because the Male pushes her off). Then Gemini follows (Georgia never settles) When I see the Woman moving because Georgia is walking on her, I come up and meow in her ear. This is best on Saturday...

 
At March 18, 2009 3:05 PM, Blogger (angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

We are very impressed by your teamwork. That is an excellent way to start your mom and dad's day. We never let our mommy sleep...uh, I mean oversleep...okay, we hardly ever let her sleep either.

 
At March 18, 2009 4:27 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Sheesh, with just me and a good size bed, I never get to mum like that! She sleeps through it if I jump on the bed in the early AM. Only when she finally decides to get up do I get any attention.

 
At March 18, 2009 7:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

this made our mom Laff and laff today. sounded familiar, apparently.
Thanks for visiting last week and wishin' us a happee birfday!

Jesse and Dazey

 
At March 18, 2009 7:37 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Mommy Says: I'm glad I only have one at times like this. Ha ha

 
At March 18, 2009 8:41 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Great job crew on getting your beans out of bed. Mom isn't so nice if we are active like that so we lay still until Mom says so. I lay by her back. Cleo lays by her other side and Gizmo lays somewhere by her legs. Sometimes she tugs at the covers to get them loose as we have her all bound up. So we do get back at her some times.

Casper

 
At March 18, 2009 9:50 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Sounds a lot like our nights! MOL!

 
At March 19, 2009 4:40 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

Excellent job guys!!!!!

 
At March 19, 2009 5:47 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

Well done guys, this is how we wake My Mummy up most every day! :)

 
At March 19, 2009 10:34 AM, Blogger The Creek Cats said...

HAHA! Sounds a lot like this house!

 
At March 19, 2009 11:09 AM, Blogger ACE said...

Hi Crew!

I work at Pink Sneakers Productions and we are currently casting for a documentary series, titled "Life Chronicles," on TLC. I was wondering if you and your cats would be interested in participating in a documentary about cat lovers.

We are looking for individuals who have lots of cats in order to document the time and chaos that goes along with taking care of them. I would love it if you could get involved! Each episode in this series aims to document the day-to-day lives of people and their unique experiences with their pets. Our goal is to enlighten our viewers and try to get rid of the stigma that is attached to having a lot of cats. I think you could add a great dynamic to the show. If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please email us at casting@pinksneakers.net in order to communicate further. I hope to talk to you soon! Thanks!

Ashley Edgar

 
At March 19, 2009 11:31 PM, Blogger Jack, Persephone, Tenzing and Lancelot said...

Oh MAN! You guys have your humans WAY better trained than mine! When me and Persephone start rassling on my OTW's feets SHE just shoves us off the bed!

~Jack

 
At March 20, 2009 4:55 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

I do my best to do all of that but it's hard when you're an only cat.

Huffle Mawson

 
At March 20, 2009 5:04 PM, Blogger Cat with a Garden said...

What a great post! Mom says she can SO relate to it!
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

 
At March 20, 2009 7:47 PM, Blogger christy said...

our mom laughed at this post. she said to tell you that she woke up a couple of mornings ago with me and sisfur ava having a fight (with claws!) on her back. she was furry alarmed.

xo-turtle

 
At March 21, 2009 4:41 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Heh heh, my humans complain enough about me waking them up by standing on their pillows and licking their hair. What would they do if they were fighting off four of me???

 
At March 21, 2009 5:20 PM, Blogger Baby Patches said...

Hahahaha, boy you all loves to be in the bed with momma and daddy! We all do the same thing heres, we are all over the momma all the times. Momma wonders why they don't goes to the daddy too.

 
At March 21, 2009 7:15 PM, Blogger WCTs said...

Well, I took a couple of times to get the names with the photos - But, that was the best post. I can totally relate to some of that.

Hilarious that they all followed Dad!!

Very bookworthy!

 
At March 22, 2009 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny! I can see it in my mind and I can honestly say I've been there....but only with two cats! Gotta love em!!

 
At March 22, 2009 10:16 AM, Blogger Cliff and Olivia said...

That was the greatest post ever. We're just the two of us, so we only manage half the mayhem.

You guys are very talented cats!

 
At March 26, 2009 11:38 AM, Blogger Chrissie said...

It did make a good post! What a circus! Do you think Tallulah and I can manage as much mayhem?

 
At March 26, 2009 5:27 PM, Blogger Kaltsas Kats said...

This sounds just like our night every night. I can totally understand the stretching the front paws out. Patches does this and when we settle in I usually hold her paws because she likes to put them right over my nose or on my neck. And waking up to whiskers up my nose is an all night thing letting me know they want the blanket lifted up so they can sleep.
-Patches and Nemo's mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails