Friday, June 05, 2009

My Near-death Experience

MISTY

5:30AM - When Mom got up this morning I went upstairs to the bedroom where she'd been sleeping 'cause she didn't feel good the night before. She doesn't let us in that bedroom 'cause it's where company sleeps and she doesn't want cat hair all over, so she keeps the door closed.

5:32AM - Hey wait! Don't close the door, Mom. I'm in here!! I hear Mom downstairs, but I'm not worried. I'm sure she knows I'm in here and will let me out in a minute. (waits patiently by the door)

6:15AM - Mom? Helloooooo! Did you forget about me?

(before leaving for work Mom asks Dad if he saw all crew members today and he says yes)

7:20AM - Oh no! I hear Mom leaving for work. Mom...I'm still in here! Let me out!!

9:00AM - Hey...is anyone out there? Hmpppf...I bet no one can hear me up here with the door shut. Maybe if I shout real loud. Help, HELP, HELP!!

10:10AM - I'm hungry and thirsty. Where is everybody? This isn't fun any more, y' know! Well at least there's a comfy bed to nap on and I'm sure Mom will be home any minute.

Noon - I'm HUNGRY!!! I should have eaten more breakfast. Tipper, are you there? If you can hear me, bring some food up and shove it under the door. Each of you carry one piece for me, OK? George? Max? Why isn't anyone coming to save me? Oh no, maybe I'm alone in the house. Where is everyone?? Did they all leave? Oh my Bast...maybe I've been abandoned! (sob ) I'm all by myself in the world now!

1:15PM - (tries jumping in the window) I (jump) can't (jump) see (jump) anything but the park across the street. That windowsill is too small for me to sit on and send a signal. Ooops. Oh darn, my claws tore the curtains.

1:40PM - Maybe I can find another way out. There's probably a secret passageway in this closet. (digs around) Maybe up on these shelves? (jumps up & knocks some things off) Oh no, there's no way out. I'm trapped like a rat!!

2:00PM - Uh oh... there's no litterbox in this room. I have to go really bad. (looks around anxiously)

2:02PM - This is terrible. I always use my litterbox and I've NEVER had an accident anywhere before! What will everyone think of me? Oh, I'm so embarassed.

2:35PM - (sigh) I'm STARVING to death, but does anyone care? Why haven't' they brought me some food?! I'm starting to feel faint. I'm probably wasting away to nothing. (jumps up on dresser to look in mirror & knocks the lamp over) Look how skinny I am already! My sides are sunken in and my face is so thin. (sigh) Do I dare take a another nap or will I wake up at The Bridge?

3:40PM - (sob) Speedy dear, where are you? I love you. If no one rescues me I might never see my Speedy again. Oh, Speedy...you won't forget about me, will you?

4:00PM - They'll probably find my lifeless body next time someone comes into this room. But how long will that be? Hours...days...(sniffle) maybe FOREVER?!

4:45PM - Oh my family. I love you all. I'll miss you so much. Hey...wait a minute...they didn't even try to save me! Will they even miss me after I'm gone? They probably forget about me already!

5:05PM - What's that noise? I hear the door. Mom's downstairs! Mom...MOM!!!

5:07PM - Why isn't she coming upstairs? MOM? Oh no, the phone's ringing and I hear her talking. She'll never hear me calling now!! MOM! MOM!!!

5:10PM - I'm weak from hunger and can barely stand. I don't have the strength to call out again but maybe if I drag myself over to the door and stick my paw underneath, she'll see it. No... I should just rest and conserve what little strength I have left until Mom rescues me. Hopefully that'll be before I pass out.

5:15PM - Why hasn't she realized that everyone is there but me?! Doesn't she love me any more? Could she have forgotten about me so soon?! I'm not gone yet!!

MOM

(everyone but Misty is milling around in the kitchen) Tipp, where's your sister? Misty! Mist...where are you? Misty!!! (starts searching) Missstyyy....

MISTY

Oh, I'm saved! Mom, Mom...I'm up here! I'm stuck in the bedroom.

MOM

(opens bedroom door) Oh Misty, my poor baby! Have you been in here all day? Oh sweetie pie, I'm so sorry.

MISTY

(dashes downstairs almost knocking Mom over)

Food!!!

MOM

Oh my God, look at this room!

(To our readers: This really happened. It's just a reminder to do a head count immediately before leaving the house even if you've seen them all earlier.)

28 Comments:

At June 05, 2009 4:34 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Oh dear! I am glad that you survived Misty! Nose counts are important!

 
At June 05, 2009 7:27 AM, Blogger Cat Street Boyz said...

Mommy does head counts so many times, it's a joke around here. Luckily there is only 7 of us to count at one time in the past there were 12!!!! Thank goodness your Mommy saved you Misty=^Y^=the Cat Street Boyz

 
At June 05, 2009 7:48 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Poor Misty! What a terrible ordeal you had to endure. Thank goodness you had enough strength left to run downstairs for some food.

 
At June 05, 2009 8:27 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Misty, that must have been scary. We are sure Mom won't let it happen again.

 
At June 05, 2009 8:49 AM, Blogger Diane G. said...

I'm glad that you're okay, Misty. Getting trapped in a room is no fun. I got stuck in a cabinet last year, and was in there for 5 hours. Luckily, momma looked for me and heard my sad cries. She learned to check before she closes any doors.

We hope that your momma can make it to the next blogger meet-up.

Moe

 
At June 05, 2009 8:58 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, Misty. We're so glad you were FINALLY saved from near death. What a horrible experience. We feline furries just can not survive without food every ten minutes.

 
At June 05, 2009 9:18 AM, Blogger The Creek Cats said...

Oh man! What an ordeal! That's happened to Chevelle before. She got shut in the upstairs bedroom closet once. She was not pleased when she was finally discovered when mom got home from work!

Thanks for reminding us to do a head count. It's very important!

 
At June 05, 2009 10:38 AM, Blogger Max said...

That's as bad as getting locked in a closet, which has happened to me before. I'm very glad you survived. I'm sure it was harrowing and very nearly fatal.

 
At June 05, 2009 11:24 AM, Blogger Spooky said...

Oh, what a frightening experience!! I am so glad that you're safe and sound!

 
At June 05, 2009 12:44 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Oh, Misty, you poor thing! I'm so upset for you that I probably have to go take a nap.

Kangaroo Girl used to fly into closets and get closed in, but we finally trained my mom to check just before she leaves. It's good advice!

 
At June 05, 2009 12:57 PM, Blogger meemsnyc said...

Oh my, what an experience!! You must have been sooooo terrified being trapped in there for so long.

 
At June 05, 2009 4:35 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Misty...that musta been horrible for you!!! Thanks for reminding our mom to always check for us before leaving!!!

 
At June 05, 2009 6:06 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Yep, mum always checks that I am somewhere OK before she leaves. That after shutting me in the closet, twice. Once for only a short time, the other all day like you.

Hope you aren't traumatized too much. Your mum can fix anything else in that room.

 
At June 05, 2009 6:22 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

::Shudders:: This happened to me once too!! Glad you're safe!

 
At June 05, 2009 7:56 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Misty! I'm so sorry I did not hear yoo calling me! Mom and dad were gone all day and I din't know yoo were in so much danger! Can yoo forgive me sweetie? If I had heard yoo I would haf rushed to yoor aid, I can open doors so it wouldn't haf been a prollem. I'm just so happy yoo are safe now...Im sure yoor to weak from yoor ordeal to come here so I will come there and keep watch over yoo tonight.

 
At June 06, 2009 2:01 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

Oh poor Misty! Thank goodness you survived that day!

Huffle Mawson

 
At June 06, 2009 10:25 AM, Blogger Cliff and Olivia said...

What a bad day. Nobody needs that. We hope you'll all be more careful in the future.

We're glad you made it through ;-)

 
At June 06, 2009 2:56 PM, Blogger Kat said...

Oh dear! I sent messages to all these wonderful cat blogs and now I find that I have had to CHANGE my blog location! If you have been kind enough to link me, please change the link for me. If you have not yet linked me, I would love it if you would! My name is Leia and I have a brand new blog and could use some support getting started.

http://leiaslamentations.blogspot.com/

If you do link me, be sure to let me know so that I can link you back!

houseof7cats@comcast.net

Thank-you and I look forward to getting to know all you purrrfectly lovely friends!

Leia

 
At June 06, 2009 7:10 PM, Blogger MaoMao said...

Awwww, Misty! Poor kitty gurl! One time I gotted stucked in the bedroom but I hollered MAO MAO MAO and Momma hearded me and let me out.

Momma agrees about doin a head count! She does head counts efurry day to make sure all us Ballicai are purresent and acckounted for! :)

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

 
At June 07, 2009 2:05 AM, Blogger Misha said...

Sometimes Cosmo gets shut in the wardrobe, but she never calls out to Mummy to let her know that she's in there!

 
At June 07, 2009 10:39 AM, Blogger Southbaygirl said...

Misty, how horrible for you! No food, water or litter box all day! The horror!!! Wow-we would have knocked more things over!!!

Kodak, 3 Perf and Blossom

 
At June 07, 2009 11:50 AM, Blogger Spike William and Angels China Cat and Willow said...

Oh, Misty, that must have been so scary being locked in all day long! I'm so glad that your mom came home and saved you! My dad gets irritated when our mom always has to find out where Willow and I are before she leaves the house. I'm glad that she takes good care of us.

Purrrrrrrs, China Cat

 
At June 08, 2009 5:15 AM, Blogger Mathilda og Theodor said...

Oooh! You poor thing! Good thing your mom finally came home! it would have been awful if she´d abandoned you completely! It´s a good thing having moms that can bring you food and tell you how beautiful you are!

 
At June 08, 2009 5:15 AM, Blogger Mathilda og Theodor said...

Oooh! You poor thing! Good thing your mom finally came home! it would have been awful if she´d abandoned you completely! It´s a good thing having moms that can bring you food and tell you how beautiful you are!

 
At June 08, 2009 11:47 AM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Misty, that was horrible!! I'm glad that you survived. :shudders:

Mama is going to show this to Daddy. She always does a headcount (or 4!) before she leaves. Daddy, on the other hand, can be a little lax...

Love,
Tazo

 
At June 09, 2009 10:33 PM, Blogger Shelly said...

Poor Misty! I glad you survived your ordeal. I have 8 cats so it's VERY important to do a head count, but the baeement is the only door I keep closed. There is food and litter boxes down there. I have shut one or two in a closet before. I think Coal even got in the fridge! Thankfully, it was just a minute before he let me know he was in there.

 
At June 27, 2009 2:42 PM, Blogger Freya's Staff said...

Poor Misty!! That's just awful! There's only one nose here, so even daddycat can usually count to 1!
glad you survived!

Freya
xx

 
At July 09, 2009 4:15 AM, Blogger man with desire said...

Most people are probably curious about what lies ahead after death, beyond the border of death. This may be a reason why they seek knowledge from spiritism sessions or books that discuss this issue. Many have also had personal close-to-death experiences – i.e., experiences when their heart has stopped in the hospital or in connection with an accident and when they may have seen themselves as if from the outside; they may have seen the operations done to them or the entire operating room. Some may have also seen in connection with their experiences a being of light that seems to be full of ‘love and compassion’.

The major topic as comes to this conversation is indeed generally connected with the question of whether all near death experiences are positive and will everybody end up fine beyond the border in spite of the way they have lived on the Earth. Many researchers want to believe this but is it true?


http://koti.phnet.fi/elohim/Border_of_death_experiences

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails