Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Betrayal

GEORGE

Last night when Dad got home I ran over to say hi, same as I always do. I meow and meow and meow 'til he picks me up.

Usually everything is fine after that, once he's holding me, but this time I detected an unusual smell about him. Being curious, I sniffed his shirt and hands carefully. "What's this?", I thought. (sniffsniff) "I've never smelled this before".

I was suspicious but couldn't pin down this strange smell, which hadn't been on him when he left that morning. I always make sure he's covered in my scent before he leaves the house. "Hnmm...this is odd", I thought. "If I didn't know better I'd think he'd been with another cat! Of course, I know that imp;ossible since The Crew and those visiting cats upstairs are the only cats in his life".

As all humans do, he denied any knowledge of how this strange smell got on him, so, using my expert detective skills, I questioned him carefully.

"Where did you go today, Dad?" - Oh, (ahem) around

"Really. And who did you see?" - Lots of people

"Mmm hmmm, I see. Did you, by chance, see any CATS?", I shouted - Uh, (gulp) I can't remember

But, the guilty look on his face and the smell all over him told a different story, so I demanded to know the truth. He finally admitted he'd talked to, petted and even picked up 2 cats, a tabby and a gray tuxie. Friends, to know that after more than 13 years together, my own Dad, whom I love and trust, has been out with other cats, is almost too much to bear.

What should I do now that know I've been betrayed? Should I increase my scent marking on him to be sure he won't be stolen? He's obviously weak, as all humans are, so how can I trust him now not to be with other cats?

I need advice.

20 Comments:

At October 20, 2010 7:38 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Just remember, he always comes home to you and he did not bring any of them home. I would just put more scent markers on him so if he strays again, the other kitties know he is yours!

 
At October 20, 2010 7:49 AM, Blogger Kea said...

Oh, George, we wish we had advice! Our mom cheats on us *every day* with the neighbour's cat, who appears to be relegated to a life outdoors. We've tried to get her to stop, but she just won't. It IS a weakness with humans!

Take a deep breath and cross your paws he doesn't come home with anyone; that's the best we can offer!

 
At October 20, 2010 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're so sorry George! Our mama is the same way--always cavorting with other kitties! All we can tell you is to make sure he is covered head to toe with your scent!

 
At October 20, 2010 8:09 AM, Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

We have to say that we don't have that problem too often, because even if there are other cats around mom, they are usually our cousins. But we think that it is ok for your dad to be with other cats who aren't cousins, as long as 1) he comes back to you and 2) he doesn't bring any of them with him!!

 
At October 20, 2010 8:12 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Humans! You can never totally trust them. I say ignore him for a good long time to show your displeasure. Then demand LOTS of treats.

 
At October 20, 2010 9:01 AM, Blogger The Whiskeratti said...

Hoomins really can't help themselves when it comes to this sort of thing. Try not to be too hard on him...unless he brings another kitteh home. Then it's WAR!!!!!

 
At October 20, 2010 9:10 AM, Blogger Raymond and Busby said...

George, it maybe time to pee on something that belongs to your Dad. Like his bed, for example. You will get a LOT of attention from him afterwards. Believe me, I know from experience. xo, Raymond

 
At October 20, 2010 10:40 AM, Blogger Max said...

At least he didn't try that lame thing, "But I came home to YOU!" Time to treat something of his to a toothy death, I think...

 
At October 20, 2010 11:24 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I think you should make sure he is covered with cat hair so the "other" kitty knows he is already taken!

 
At October 20, 2010 11:44 AM, Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Our Mommy is a total Cat Hussy. When we REALLY get offended, we whizz. Just a little bit.

She gets the point!

 
At October 20, 2010 2:49 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

When (very infrequently) we smell a strange cat on The Big Thing, he says he is just bein friendly an "advising" them not to go in OUR back yard. Since we have seen this through the front winders, we are inclined ta beleef him. However, we recommend continued vigilince...

 
At October 20, 2010 2:51 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

George, it must have been such a shock for you to find out that your dad had two timed you. We think you should ignore him and he will come running back to you.

 
At October 20, 2010 6:15 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Humans are weak, George, they can resist a furry face, even a strange one. Maybe you can milk this and get some extra treats out of your dad.

 
At October 20, 2010 7:15 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

George, our mom comes home effury day smelling like other cats and woofies! We stopt taking it purrsonally a long time ago. Alla da kitties out der wifout der own beins apreesheeate a little attenchun and we leave enuff of our smell on her dat dey know she alreddy belongs to somecat.

 
At October 20, 2010 7:37 PM, Blogger Carolyon said...

Waking him up at 5am is always a great pay back

 
At October 21, 2010 4:03 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

Pee on him. That scent will put other cats off.

 
At October 21, 2010 6:49 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Two other cats!! ::Shakes head with amazement::

 
At October 21, 2010 8:29 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

George don't worry, your Dad will always love you. Mum comes home all the time smelling of other kitties and woofies too. I know she won't bring any more furkids in. Ducky and I are it.

Thanks for stopping by for my purrthday.

 
At October 24, 2010 11:17 AM, Blogger OKcats said...

Hey George, don't sweat it! We don't mind when our mom comes back covered in the stink of other cats - as long as she comes home alone!!

Your friends, Fuzzy and Zoe

 
At October 24, 2010 2:13 PM, Blogger T said...

Howe terrible George. It's always upsetting when loved one betrays your trust. But you must not jump to conclusions. Maybe it's a mix-up of sort? give your daddy the benefit of the doubt. Then if he DID cheat on you, you have the right to pee on his leg. Or something equally annoying!
xo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails