Tuesday, July 31, 2012

With a Little Help from my Friend

GEORGE

Look at this face. Could I ever be guilty of anything? Do I look innocent or what?

Mom is mad 'cause when I jumped up on the corner of the bathroom sink, her phone got knocked into the toilet. But friends, let me tell you my story and I know you'll agree that I'm completely innocent.

See, Mom's phone started making a weird noise like, "doot-dootly-oot" in the middle of the night, which meant there was a message. She thought the message might be from our human brother, so she got out of bed and brought her phone into the bathroom so she could read it without waking up Dad. When she saw the message was not from our brother, she left the phone on the corner of the sink and went back to bed.

Well, that was fine until she got up in the morning. Naturally, as I always do, I jumped up on the sink to say "Good morning, Mom" and get my pets, and that's when the phone went in the toilet.

Now, I'm sure you'll agree with me that this is totally not my fault...totally! Let me explain my reasons:

1. It's not my fault some idiot messaged Mom in the middle of the night
2. It's not my fault she left her phone on the sink in the bathroom instead of bringing it back into the bedroom
3. I couldn't possibly have seen from my vantage point on the floor that the phone was sitting where I always sit on the sink, therefore,
4. It's not my fault it got knocked into the toilet when I jumped

You all agree with me, right?

Well, Mom's phone stopped working and she's mad that she had to go get a new one. I say, if there's someone to be mad at, it certainly isn't me. She should be mad at the fool that messaged her at 3AM, or be mad at herself for leaving her phone on the edge of the sink where it could easily have fallen into the toilet all by itself.

And really, if you think about it, I think you'll also agree that Mom should really be thanking me for my help with this since now she has a great new Iphone that does everything!

19 Comments:

At July 31, 2012 3:00 PM, Blogger Fuzzy Tales said...

Well, of course it's not your fault. We think your mom probably really is mad at herself, for making the mistake of leaving her phone there, and is looking for someone to blame.

Besides, the toilet seat lid should be down by default, anyway. ;-)

 
At July 31, 2012 3:24 PM, Blogger Tober the Cat said...

Nope, not your fault. She shouldn't have left her phone in the bathroom.

You should get a prize for enabling her to get an iPhone!

 
At July 31, 2012 4:09 PM, Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

No, no, no, not your fault!

 
At July 31, 2012 4:50 PM, Blogger Angel Simba said...

It is not even a small stretch to say emphatically that it is not your fault. Your Mom might have knocked the phone herself onto the bathroom floor and broken it, so she really should not leave her phone in the bathroom. Be sure to tell her not to leave her iPhone in there!

 
At July 31, 2012 6:08 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Not your fault, never, no way.

Thanks for the concats on my medals, I am over the moon!

Ducky

 
At July 31, 2012 6:24 PM, Blogger Karen and Gerard said...

That is so not your fault at all; how could she even blame you for this? You are absolutely right, she should be thanking you for her new phone!

 
At July 31, 2012 6:26 PM, Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Yeah, none of this is about you! Besides, any excuse for a new iPhone!

 
At July 31, 2012 6:30 PM, Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

Our mom keeps the lid closed on our toilets to avoid something like this happening.

 
At July 31, 2012 7:28 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Your logic, as always is flawless.

 
At July 31, 2012 9:27 PM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You are not to blame. At our house4 the toilets are always closed. May be your Mom might want to start doing that!

 
At July 31, 2012 10:33 PM, Blogger Max said...

Dood, you are soooo not to blame. One, she left it there. Two, the toiler lid was up. There's a reason the lid is always closed here, and his name is Buddah...if it's open, it's fair game for him to splash in or drop things in. If she didn't want a new phone, she shoulda closed the lid.

I bet she WANTED a new phone. She should reward you with crunchy treats and real live fresh dead shrimp.

 
At August 01, 2012 12:08 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We agree wif you and what Max sed! She should be rewarding yoo fur getting her a new fone dat does all dat speshul stuff dat our mom cudent effun figger out. And glad yoor feeling better dood, sounds like dat code yoo hadded is purrty much gone. Oh, and Speedy sez to tell Misty dat she should teleport over and meet M'Gee, since it's his purrthday and mom is being kinda liberal wif da treats maybe yoo'd all like to come over.

 
At August 02, 2012 2:49 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

We agree with everyone else. She shouldn't have left the phone there unless she wanted a new one, and the lid should have been down. Mum always leaves it down to spoil my fun. I used to like batting the water in the toilet.
Eric

 
At August 05, 2012 8:19 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

your adorable and innocent for sure.We are back here is our new blog address
http://talkwithariel.blogspot.com

 
At August 06, 2012 5:04 PM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Ingratitude, the typical human response to their own mistakes. You were very helpful and you should be commended.

 
At August 13, 2012 11:29 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

totally not your fault. how are you guys doin?

 
At August 19, 2012 3:52 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

We're with Max!
Pure human lack of vigilance there!
Our dad jumped in the neighbors pool with his phone in his swimming suit pocket this summer. Splashed around then said "oh oh!" And that's how he got a new phone!

 
At August 27, 2012 6:19 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

how are you guys doin?

 
At August 27, 2012 8:33 PM, Blogger Ann Boyajian said...

Not your fault. Bet she'll NEVER leave her new IPhone there!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails