Wednesday, July 09, 2014

It's my 17th Purrthday

GEORGE

Well, today is my 17th purrthday.  Yes!!!  For a while there, no one thought I'd make it, what with my advanced kidney disease and all, but here I am.  Mom and Dad have been taking real good care of me so maybe I'll stay around for a while.

So Mom, how old am I in human years?

MOM

I don't know, dear.  I'm just glad you're still here.

GEORGE

Me, too, but I want to know how old I am, so let's look at the age converter.  Let's see.


https://akaalpet.com/images/stories/cat_age_conversion.jpg

Hmmm...I'm 84.   Well, for 84, I'm feeling pretty good, I guess.

So, in view of the fact that I haven't left for The Bridge yet, I'm throwing myself a HUGE party and everyone is invited.  Stop what you're doing and come on over!!

We have a massive buffet selection including meats, bacon, sausage, chicken, turkey, ham, seafood, eggs, cheese and pizza so dig in and help yourself.   There are raw meats, for those who prefer that, and my Dad has the grill going so just tell him what you want and he'll cook it.  Keep it coming, Dad.  We don't want anyone to leave here hungry!!


























































Even though we have a nice yard and patio, it gets really, really hot here in Arid-zone, so I planned for everyone to stay inside and enjoy the AC.  The bar is open with niptinis, tuna coolers and meowgaritas, but only milk for all you kittens under one year old!  If there's anything on the buffet you can't reach, ask my Mom.  She'll be busy keeping the buffet filled.





















And, last but not least, stop at our great dessert buffet.  We have ice creams, pudding, cookies, cakes and pies of all flavors.











  










































When you're so stuffed you can't eat another bite, there are three bedrooms and several cushions and pillows, so you can rest a while.  Litter boxes are strategically placed, but are secluded for your privacy.  If you find a litter box that isn't clean and sanitary, tell my Mom and she'll take care of it.

After everyone has rested we'll start the fun.  There'll be a DJ for live entertainment and music for dancing, ceiling walking, THOE down the long hall, and the always popular, house trashing.

For those, like me, who prefer a quieter form of entertainment, there's bird watching with a clear view of the bird bath and feeders in the back yard or just visiting with old friends.



Thanks everyone, for being my friend and for coming to my party.  Don't forget to take a 'nip filled party favor on your way out and I hope you had a great time helping me turn 17!






15 Comments:

At July 10, 2014 1:09 AM, Blogger Summer at sparklecat.com said...

A big happy birthday to you, George!

 
At July 10, 2014 2:23 AM, Blogger Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Happy 17th Birthday George!!!!!

Thanks for inviting us to your party. The food is pawsome and we always enjoy hanging out with our friends.

 
At July 10, 2014 6:12 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Happy Birthday, George. We're glad you're doing well for 17. Keep it up.

What a great party. Thanks for inviting us.

 
At July 10, 2014 7:21 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Gosh, what a great celebration! Happy, happy birthday, George!

 
At July 10, 2014 8:38 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE! Zippy's gonna hang out with you watching birds, being 17 herself she's not as active as she used to be. Sadie's only 14, but she and Zippy sometimes sit around talking about their aches and pains so if you want to they'll listen. M'Gee, well, he's only been to one other party and he pretty much just ran around with the other five year olds being a nut. Um, if you'd be kind enough to point me in the direction of the ice cream I have a date with a beautiful lady cat..and yes, I mean Misty.

 
At July 10, 2014 8:39 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

psst, Misty, I'm over here by the ice cream...

 
At July 10, 2014 9:15 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Happy Birthday! What a great spread!

 
At July 10, 2014 12:59 PM, Blogger Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday George!!!

><(((º>

 
At July 10, 2014 2:39 PM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

I'll be right over to Celebrate Your Birthday George!!
Your TX furiend,
Samantha

 
At July 10, 2014 2:45 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Wow George, you certainly know how to throw a great party.
Happy 17th Birthday my friend!
PS
I am 14 1/4 so that makes me 73. Yikes, I thought I was still a young 'un.

 
At July 10, 2014 6:06 PM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy Birthday George! Holy carp! What a party!

 
At July 10, 2014 6:43 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

You know how to do it RIGHT!! Happy Birthday to you George!!!

 
At July 11, 2014 6:41 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Happy Purrthday George!

 
At July 11, 2014 8:12 PM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

Happy Birthday George! WE are sorry we did not get to come to the party!

 
At July 12, 2014 9:36 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Oh Bast, we missed it! Belated Happy (equivelant) 84th birthday to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails