Wednesday, May 03, 2006

A Trip to the Garage

GEORGE

Mom, you have some explaining to do.

MOM

What?

GEORGE

I overheard you telling Tipper about the toad you found in the garage yesterday. Why wasn't I informed?! As senior cat and the man of house in Dad's absence, I should know about anything unusual, don't you think. Why am I the last one to know about this?

MOM

I was on my way to work and didn't have time to find you.

GEORGE

At the very least you could have called me and I would have come and inspected it. How am I supposed to report back to Dad about something I didn't even see? He put his complete faith & trust in me to watch over everything, and now I've let him down. He might think I'm incompetent! Max told about the alien stick he found and I should be able to tell about a toad in the garage! This is completely embarassing!

MOM

Well, there wasn't much to see, George. It was near the garbage can when I moved it to set it outside. It was an ordinary looking toad.

GEORGE

You're missing my whole point, Mom. And I think it's because I'm not allowed in the garage, isnt' it? You just don't want me out there, right? When Dad said take care of everything, he meant everything....including the garage.

MOM

OK...calm down. Would it help if I carried you out there so you can have a look around? But the doors have to stay closed.

GEORGE

Well, it's a start. And...I didn't hear you say you're sorry.

MOM

I'm sorry, dear. I didn't mean to embarass you. I will explain everything to Dad so he knows what a great job you've done.

GEORGE

OK, let's get out there!!! (whispers to readers) I can't believe I did it! I'm going out in the garage!!

8 Comments:

At May 03, 2006 6:57 AM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

You're so lucky to get to go into the garage. We have one but we can't go into it ever. It's got a whole bunch of stuff in it (still) from all the renovations Mom and I did. Mom says it's way too dangerous for us kids.

 
At May 03, 2006 7:54 AM, Blogger Tiff said...

You are damn clever, George!

 
At May 03, 2006 8:03 AM, Blogger Kukka-Maria said...

Ah...the old "Flip-Flop Manipulation" tactic! Nicely played, George!

Making her think she is to blame and needs to let you in the garage to help you forgive her...brilliant!

 
At May 03, 2006 8:45 AM, Blogger Gemini said...

I love the garage! My mom doesn't like me to go there either. Good job, George!

 
At May 03, 2006 10:13 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

oooohhhhh the garage. We don't have one. Was it cool?

 
At May 03, 2006 10:23 AM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

We have one of those but it's dusty & iccky. But in the hot summer the cement floor is nice & cool to lay on.
But you are da man, George!

 
At May 03, 2006 12:31 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

oh, i hope you enjoyed your visit. we don't have a garage anymore 'cause it got made into the Dad's work space for his art stuff.

 
At May 03, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I sometimes gets to go into the garage but mum is very careful that the floor is dry and the big door is closed. Plus not allowed out in the garage in the winter when the floor is messy with salt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails