Thursday, November 16, 2006

To Phone or Not to Phone - That is the Question

GEORGE

While I was on Dad's lap watching television we saw a commercial for cell phones. He asked me if I wanted one and that got me to thinking...should I have my own phone? Do I really need one? Garfield has one, but then again, he's a media celebrity and I'm not.
So Dad & I talked it over and I'll list the pros and cons we came up with.

Pros

#1 - I'd be the ultimate in COOLNESS!!

#2 - I'd be easily accessible to my friends & fans

#3 - I could get a blue one to match my new collar and tags

#4 - All important people have one

#5 - I could make a call any time I felt like it and not have to wait until our family phone was available. Not that I ever make any calls, but that's beside the point. If I wanted to call someone, I could... and I could talk as long as I wanted to!

#6 - I would have a cool number like xxx.fon.gpie (you know, Georgie Pie!)

#7 - I would have a cool ring tone like Garfield's.


Cons

#1 - I have no where to carry it, which means I'd have to start wearing pants or a shirt and Dad already vetoed my suggestion about wearing fancy shirts like Skeezix. Hmmm...maybe I could ask Tipper if she'd mind carrying a purse to hold my phone.

#2 - I have no money of my own, which means I'd have to get a credit card and that would create another whole set of problems. How would I pay the bill? I might have to get a (gasp) job and I'm almost ready to retire!

#3 - I have big paws like my friend Kismet. Way too too big for the usual tiny key pads, so my phone would have to be very large and heavy! Tipper might need Mistys help carrying it.

#4 - I don't want to be bothered with nuisance sales calls day and night. I'm not interested in buying aluminum siding or magazine subscriptions, and I need my rest!!

#5 - I almost never leave the house except to go to the V.E.T. so I'm already easily accessible. I rarely go anywhere except when I sneak out into the garage.

#6 - Most people (except other cats) don't understand cat language, so I might have a little trouble making an operator assisted call if I ever needed to.

#7 - How could I protect my number and prevent the press & all the weirdos out there from getting it? Look what poor Kukka-Maria goes through...hounded constantly!

#8 - Of course, I would have to worry about identify theft. But that's easy to understand...who wouldn't want to be ME?

So, because the cons outnumber the pros, I've decided not to pursue this idea. If any of you can think of anything to add to the "pros" list, let me know and I'll reconsider.

18 Comments:

At November 16, 2006 4:07 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

well, when you is upstairs sleeping, and efurryone else is downstairs, you can always call the house phone to see if dinner is ready. - Miles

 
At November 16, 2006 4:09 PM, Blogger Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

I can't give you and pros or cons...I don't have one, and neither does my Meowm. I am sure you will make the right decision!

 
At November 16, 2006 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, have your human get you a BlackBerry! Then you can read blogs and use the cell phone.

 
At November 16, 2006 6:30 PM, Blogger Edsel/The Pooch said...

well, there's a place here that makes really good chicken and if you call them they'll bring it right to the house! maybe you have a place like that where you live? a cell phone would come in handy, doncha think?

 
At November 16, 2006 7:15 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good choice. Sometimes it pays to be "unavailable".

 
At November 16, 2006 8:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

if ya get one wif innernet you kin do online shopping an haf cases of food an toys show up at yur door. if ya get one wif a camera, you kin take more cute picshures of yurself an download 'em rite ta yur blog. now we want one. or three.

 
At November 17, 2006 12:48 AM, Blogger Justin said...

Hey, lucky cat!! got to 've a cell!hehe..Its nice to know that you too are a fan of Garfield. you can check out this post on hollywood cat movies . I hope u'll njoy it..

bye.

 
At November 17, 2006 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

George, if you had a phone, I'd totally put you on my 5 Faves...

 
At November 17, 2006 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the Meezers, Grr, Midnight, and Cocoa said. I want my own phone, too!
MOOOOOOOOOOM!!--I want a cell phone!!
PLEEEEEEEASE!!!

 
At November 18, 2006 12:56 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Another reason you don't want one is because your beans will always be calling you to find out what you're up to, and make you check in every hour - no privacy!

 
At November 18, 2006 2:17 PM, Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

Not having a phone makes you more mysterious anyways George ~Merlin, Shadow, ko KO

 
At November 18, 2006 11:22 PM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Gosh, I didn't there was so much work to get a cell phone. Sure do have to use the grey matter to figure out if you want one or not.

Casper

 
At November 19, 2006 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phones are a pain always ringing day and night.I think your better off without one.

 
At November 19, 2006 11:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Hendrix said...

I thinks that as impurtant as you are, a cell phone is a good thing. As for how to carry it, or answer it, isn't that what we haf bean servants for??
“Dogs come when they’re called; cats take a message and get back to you later.”

 
At November 19, 2006 5:36 PM, Blogger Lilly Lu, Iris and Maxwell Mufsa Millon said...

you know those hummon would make you use it as a vido phone you never be able to get into trubble.

 
At November 19, 2006 5:38 PM, Blogger Victor Tabbycat said...

Oh, but haf you efur been on top of a fon set to vibrate when sumone calls? It sorta PURRS!
I fink I'll just borro Mom's.

 
At November 19, 2006 6:14 PM, Blogger Lux said...

In an emergency, you can hide in the bathroom and dial 911!

 
At November 19, 2006 11:20 PM, Blogger Hot(M)BC said...

Mom's always fussing at her phone, so I can't see any reason to have one.
Purrrrrrrrs,
Boni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails