Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Blurpy Thing is Coming

GEORGE

Friends, we have some BIG NEWS!!! We're getting a Blurpy Thing at our house!!!! Well...not really at our house, but in our family. Our human Sister B and her husband T are expecting a Blurpy Thing to arrive in August.

Mom & Dad seem really excited about it, but I don't know what to think. You all know that I know a lot about most things, but I'll admit I don't really have firstpaw experience with Blurpy Things. I've heard things about them though 'cause a lot of my friends have them and some of what I've heard is good and some is bad.

Here are some things I'm sure about. You'll probably want to study these things in case you get a surprise and a Blurpy Thing is delivered to your house, too!

1. Blurpy Things are little humans called babies. Some are girls and some are boys and the only way you can tell which is which is 'cause the girls have a pink blanket and the boys have a blue blanket.

2. A big birdie called a stork carries them in his mouth and delivers them to human families. I think as soon as the stork birdie can find B's house, he'll be delivering the Blurpy Thing.

3. They don't eat cat food or even regular human food. They drink milk from a bottle or eat special Blurpy Thing food. Of course, I will check out what it's eating or drinking.

4. Mom says some ladies feed the Blurpy Things from what Skeezix calls "a rack". I'm not sure what this is all about, but if I find out I'll let you know.

5. They make lots of noise called crying. I've never heard crying before, but when I do I'll let you know what it sounds like.

6. Sometimes they smell. Some of these smells might be good like shampoo or fresh laundry, or some might be bad (whispers) like when Dad forgets to flush the toilet.

7. They have lots of toys that I might be interested in playing with, but Mom says none of them are 'nip filled.

8. They sleep in a special small bed. I'll need to check that out but I don't think it'll be as comfy as the big bed Mom, Dad and I normally sleep in.

9. They ride in strollers. This is very unfair because I DON'T HAVE A STROLLER YET!!!

10. When the dogs, Shasta & Reyna, come to visit, the Blurpy Thing will visit, too. Hmmm, maybe I should plan on spending more time downstairs in my Relaxation Room!

11. Blurpy Things don't stay small for very long. They grow into young human children that like to chase cats and pull our tails. I intend to put my paw down about this. It will not be allowed, with me or any of The Crew!!!

12. They aren't as smart as we cats are 'cause they can't do anything at all. They need help to eat, walk, take a bath or even sit up.

13. Humans seem to love Blurpy Things...A LOT. This is what bothers me most. Will Mom & Dad love it more than they love me???

I'm putting you on notice, Blurpy Thing, so consider this fair warning! I have seniority over you and, as a matter of fact, so does the entire Crew!! So don't try any funny business like taking anything that's ours. And that includes Mom's lap and Dad's shoulder!!!!

I'll be making a list of rules for you to follow, Blurpy Thing, and will post them soon. Please have someone read and explain them to you before you come over to visit!!

20 Comments:

At July 22, 2008 8:10 AM, Blogger Spooky said...

Hmm. This sounds very interesting. I am curious to learn all about these Blurpy Things...but not upclose and personal. What I learn from you will be perfectly sufficient, thank-you-very-much!

 
At July 22, 2008 9:57 AM, Blogger meemsnyc said...

Oh wow congratulations! Those little baby beans are really fun to play with.

 
At July 22, 2008 10:08 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

You know a lot about little blurpy things already! One thing I also know is that the stork takes a long, long, long time to make his delivery. MONTHS! Maybe he gets lost or something.

 
At July 22, 2008 10:09 AM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

Concatulations to your sister! We think you'll be fine with the blurpy thing, clearly you already know a lot about them!

 
At July 22, 2008 11:00 AM, Blogger TabbyNormal said...

I think you sound like a great cat for the new Blurpy to get to know. With a cat like you to show him or her the way, it will learn to respect cats throughout its life!

 
At July 22, 2008 1:38 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

You sure know a lot about blurpy things. I'm glad you're putting your paw down - it sounds like they try to take over.

EG

 
At July 22, 2008 3:51 PM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Yes, the blurpy things do tend to take over because every one of their needs has to be met by the beans. I think it is very wise of you to make a list of rules for the blurpy thing.

 
At July 22, 2008 4:05 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Maybe we can help yoo out a little George, we haf four of dem and mom calls dem "grandchildren" tho der is not really a lot dat is grand about dem at furst. Yes, dey is furry helpless at fust. Dis works in yoor favor as yoo can sniff and lick dem and dey can't really do anything about it (just don't whap dem cuz dat will get yoo put into time out). Mostly dey smell good, baby smells are really soft and sweet just like dem. After awhile dey are usefull cuz dey will drop food, baby food! Mmmm, deelish. If der beans teach dem right dey will not pull tails or furs and learn "gentle, pet gentle" purrty good. Now, we haf one dat is almost 3 and he's a peach. He will feed us anything we ask for and when he naps he does it on da floor so we can nap wif him. Dey is kinda loud when dey cry and sometimes when dey is playing dey make squeely noyzes but dis is usually when dey is older. We gotta tell yoo tho, nothing is nicer den a sweet smelling baby giggling 'cuz a kitty is tickling dem...it's really amazing. Yoor mom is gonna really love being "gramma" and prolly yoor dad will enjoy being "grampa" too, but it should not take away from der time wif yoo or any of da Crew. Just make sure yoo remind dem dat yoo were der furst and effurything should be fine.

 
At July 22, 2008 4:07 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow, dat is da longest comment we've ever left...

 
At July 22, 2008 4:20 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Congratulations!!!!

To the humans.

To you:

I am sorry.

Of course I do like the Male's child--but he's not been blurpy for a number of years--like 20 or so.

 
At July 22, 2008 4:48 PM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

I tell ya, we has an alien blurpy here now and it DOES take up room on da Mommy Beans bed, lap, shoulder and that leaves me withs no space to sit! Perhaps I shoulds have wrotes a letter to it before da beans brought it home?

 
At July 22, 2008 6:30 PM, Blogger Max said...

Oh man...blurpy things turn into Sticky Little People and that's when you RUN. Maybe you should start running now. Start with wide circles around the house, just for practice...

 
At July 22, 2008 7:17 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

George and the rest of the Crew. I guess concatulations at least to the beans. For you guys, I hope they don't visit a lot! Watch your tails.

 
At July 22, 2008 7:46 PM, Blogger Shaggy and Scout said...

Those blurpies are sure complicated for being such little tiny things.

 
At July 22, 2008 8:17 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Congratulations to your sis and bro-in-law!

4. Ha ha ha ha!
6. Worse than that, I think.

 
At July 23, 2008 1:11 AM, Blogger KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

Congratulations.
Purrs,
KC

pee ess: i's posted this on the Purrs & Purrayers & Praises bloggie.

 
At July 23, 2008 5:56 AM, Blogger Alex the Blogging Kat said...

Tanks fir tellinz me bout burpy thingz. I aint nebber liveded wiff one of dem, OK?

 
At July 23, 2008 6:35 AM, Blogger The Taylor CatSSSSS said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Blurpie things are just wonderful!!!

 
At July 23, 2008 12:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

sometime they are good. Sometimes they are bad.
When they getted older (like our Little MOnkey) they drops foods on the floor! And sometimes it's GOOD!! that's a good thing!

they do make noises and chase you when they get older. That's bad.

The Little Monkey here took all our balls. PFFFF.

concatulations to your sister though!
and your mom and dad!

 
At July 23, 2008 5:11 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

concatulations!! how 'aciting for all of you!!!! but George, your mom and dad could nefur love anything more than they love you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails