Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Not "Baby" Girl

MISTY

Tipper, can I talk to you about something?

TIPPER

What?

MISTY

Well, Mom's been calling me Babiest or Baby Girl, and I don't like it.

You know, I really love Mom a lot. I sit by her every night, I follow her around, I run into the bedroom ahead of her at night to be sure I don't get shut out in the hallway, I learned to be a House Lady so I can help out and I'm always ready to play when she wants to play. I really think I'm a very good daughter.

But Mom seems to think I'm still a baby. Did she forget my first purrthday was almost two months ago? Did she forget that I'm dating Speedy, one of the most handsome guys in the cat blogosphere? Doesn't she realize that if I was feral I'd have birthed two litters of kittens by now and be a mother myself?

TIPPER

Would you just calm down!! Mom calls me Baby Girl, too...haven't you ever heard her? Since I'm 4 now and you're only 1, I'll explain this to you.

Humans love babies. Human babies or animal babies, it doesn't matter. So even after we're grown up, we cats stay sort of smallish like human babies, and that means humans love us lots. We can be held and cuddled and we're soft and can purr and play, and they like that kind of stuff. Sometimes when a Mom or Dad doesn't have any young humans around, they treat us like we're still babies, even though we're not. Do you understand so far?

MISTY

Yes, I think so.

TIPPER

And since Mom and Dad love us so much, sometimes they call us other names like Babiest or Baby Girl, instead of our real names. I've heard Mom call our brothers Baby Boy too, and they don't get all upset about it, OK?

Remember, just 'cause you're 1 year old, doesn't mean you know everything. There's still lots of things you need to learn.

MISTY

OK. I guess that means Mom loves me more than I thought she did! Wow!

12 Comments:

At June 05, 2007 2:16 PM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

yeah, we're 16!! and still mommies babies,

really!!

 
At June 05, 2007 4:22 PM, Blogger Donny and Marie and Casey said...

being a baby is pawesome! lots of treats and attn....

 
At June 05, 2007 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

we is our mom's babies too....and we are the "older kids" to the 2-legged kitten!

 
At June 05, 2007 5:10 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Mum is the youngest in her family. So in some ways she is the baby, but no one dares call her that now. Not when she is older than dirt.

 
At June 05, 2007 9:19 PM, Blogger Zoey and the furballs said...

It's that the truth!

 
At June 06, 2007 2:52 AM, Blogger Karen Jo said...

I think you have it all figured out, Tipper. Besides, being the baby means that you get lots of attention, Misty.

 
At June 06, 2007 3:25 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Yup, we'll aways be our folks babies! No matter how many years we are! Yup.

 
At June 06, 2007 5:58 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh Misty, thankfully yoo haf a nice home and aren't feral. Haffing kittens is hard. It's hard to get enuff food fur yoorself so yoo can feed dem. And dey hafta eat, our instinkt kicks in and effun if we'z starving to deth we will feed our babies. So, yoor much better off being yoor mom's baby den haffing dem!~Sadie

 
At June 06, 2007 8:23 PM, Blogger Kate (Pablo's mum) said...

I'm seven-and-a-half and I still get called 'baby boy' or 'my sweet baby boy'. It's totally cringeworthy, but I know that Kate means well.

 
At June 07, 2007 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yup. I'm an extra large 2 year old with an attitute and I still get called "precious baby" and stuff like that. I don't care, as long as I get treats.
Grr

 
At June 07, 2007 2:24 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

Tipper is a very nice big sister to have times to listen to you and explain things to you and help you feel better.

 
At June 07, 2007 7:47 PM, Blogger Jake and Bathsheba said...

Sometimes Mom and Dad call me "the baby" because even at 13, I'm the youngest in the house. They think it's endearing, but I think it's embarrassing because I'm a big man cat. Misty, I think it's okay when you're a girl.

~Jake

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails