Friday, December 14, 2007

Being the Lady of the House

TIPPER

Tomorrow Mom is going to my human sister B's house to make cookies for Santa, and she'll be gone all day.

When Mom is gone I am the Lady of the House and that means I have to do everything Mom would do on a Saturday. Let me think about this. I don't want to forget anything important!

1. Get up early - No problem, I'm always up early
2. Do laundry - Hmmm. I can't load the dirty clothes into the washer, so I'll SKIP THIS
3. Clean house - Um...that vacuum thingy is too big for me to handle. Better SKIP THIS
4. Clean all the litterboxes - I can't hold the scooper with no opposable thumbs. Maybe Mom will do this before she leaves?
5. Go to grocery store - I don't drive so I can SKIP THIS
6. Have lunch with Dad - Now this I can do! I like sammich meat & cheese & milk so I will share Dad's lunch

Gosh, it's afternoon already!! My day is going by really fast.

7. Fold laundry - There's no laundry to fold, so I can SKIP THIS
8. Put away groceries - Ditto

Well, this is easy. Why is Mom always saying she has so much to do?! OK let's see...what else would Mom do?

9. Fill our feeder bowl and change our water - Uh..(looks around), Dad??
10. Pay bills - Misty, are there any green papers in your pink purse? No? OK then, I'll SKIP THIS
11. Complain about the bathroom remodeling taking too long, then say she's too tired to lay tile - I can do lots of meowing!
12. Unload dishwasher - No problem here. Dad and I ate off paper plates, so I'll SKIP THIS
13. Put laundry away - No laundry to put away? Good, I can SKIP THIS

Gosh is it dinner time already?! Can you believe how quickly my day has flown by! Dad, what are we having for dinner? Would you mind if I get a quick nap before we eat? I'm really exhausted.

I hope Mom remembers to bring me some cookies. I think I deserve a reward for all my hard work!




23 Comments:

At December 14, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Being the Lady of the House is a big responsibility. Tipper, you were very wise to skip the unimportant chores. That way, you are free to focus on the important things around the house.

 
At December 14, 2007 11:23 AM, Blogger Team Tabby said...

You did an awesome job, Tipper, and worked really hard. We thinks you should get lotsa treats.

Moe & Mindy

 
At December 14, 2007 11:30 AM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

Well done - that was a lot of work for a kitty! We're impressed.

 
At December 14, 2007 12:16 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Wow, we din't realize being da lady of da house was so hard. We got tired just reading dis stuff. Yoor furry smart to skip all dat useless stuff like laundry and vacuuming. Altho towels fresh from da dryer are nice to take a nap in.

 
At December 14, 2007 12:17 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

It sounds like you have a great plan in place!

 
At December 14, 2007 1:47 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

That was lotsa sensible things to skip. Better to nap and eat...

 
At December 14, 2007 2:05 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

It sounds like your day is filled with responsibilities. Thank you for dropping by and letting us know about the fleece sheets. Target doesn't have them around here but after Christmas we'll check out the new Kohl's--they are swamped as they are still in the grand opening phase so we avoid them right now.

 
At December 14, 2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Rosemary B❤️ said...

We are very impressed. What would your mommie do without you? Well she wouldn't be off baking cookies.
It is good to be around to keep dad in line as well... he needs help.

Have a snappy week-end and we hope you get cookies!

 
At December 14, 2007 2:55 PM, Blogger Dr Tweety of da Fab Five said...

Tipper,
I adorez da way you handullz da housee work. I cannot fur da life of me, understand why da momeez iz alwayz huffin' & puffin' & complainin' abouts dis itty-bitty project.

Love,
Dr Tweety

 
At December 14, 2007 3:24 PM, Blogger Queen Snickers, Empress and Princess Renna said...

What a full day! I bet I can take over for Momma tomorrow so she can have a break! Thanks for the good idea. ~Queen Snickers

 
At December 14, 2007 5:06 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Wow yoo wuz so bizzy being Lady of the house, we're exhausted just reading about it.

 
At December 14, 2007 5:38 PM, Blogger Jan Price said...

Reading about you doing all that work has made us sleepy. We think we'll go nap before dinner.

Jan's Funny Farm

 
At December 14, 2007 6:29 PM, Blogger The Misadventures Of Me said...

That list certainlys has alots of bean stuff to do. Dids you gets temtayshuns for helping?

 
At December 14, 2007 7:23 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Don't work so hard. Mum says housework can alway wait.

 
At December 15, 2007 7:42 AM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

What a big help you are Tipper!

 
At December 15, 2007 7:45 AM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

Heh heh. Dis made owr Maw laf n laf. Dat sownds like wat a Dad wood du. Skip dis, skip dat. Yup.

Luf, Us

 
At December 15, 2007 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a very great help. I am sure your mom is pretty proud of you!

 
At December 15, 2007 11:24 AM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

You are going to have a purrfect day being lady of the house. It's not hard after all!

 
At December 16, 2007 11:58 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Tipper, you have your priorities straight! Nice job!

 
At December 16, 2007 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Wow" your very busy I definitely think you deserve some cookies.

 
At December 17, 2007 12:33 AM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

That is amazingly job that you have done~!!! You are very busy for sure.

 
At December 17, 2007 6:49 AM, Blogger Ramses said...

You'z more of a Lady than my nutty 'sis!

 
At December 17, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger The Furry Fighter said...

wow, you have really shown your Bean what being THE Lady of the House means! i hope she learns from you my friend...humans need to opay more attention to how we live, they could learn alot xxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails