Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Rules for the Blurpy Thing

GEORGE

Recently I told you a Blurpy Thing will be coming to our family and Misty told you about the Pink Shower ladies. So, now we know ours will be a Blurpy Girl Thing.

I gave the Blurpy Thing fair warning that I would be posting a list of rules I expect her to follow and I'm sure you'll all agree with me that these rules are very reasonable.

1. I run this house with an iron paw, so you'll need to get my permission before you do anything. But don't wake me up to ask permission...wait until I'm awake.

2. I have this house arranged exactly like I want it and I know where everything is, so don't try to change anything.

3. I realize there are lots of things you don't know how to do yet, but please try not to leave any smells around, 'specially nasty diaper smells. Be civilized and learn to use the litterbox as soon as possible!

4. No crying or loud noises of any kind, especially when I'm napping. Keep in mind I try to get in at least 18 hours of nap time a day.

5. Don't eat our food or drink our water, 'specially my tuna water! Of course, I will check out your food and may decide to try some.

6. On the subject of toys, don't play with ours. This means 'specially glitter balls, flying feathers, feather-butt mousies or anything with my 'nip in it, 'specially my 'nip raviolis!! However, if I want to play with your toys, I will.

7. Even though PINK is your color and our cube tents are PINK, they are OURS so you aren't allowed to be in them, specially if one of us in in there.

7. Don't sleep in any of our beds. That includes the catbed, our perch, all sofa and chair cushions, the guestroom bed and the big bed. I've been told you'll have a special, small bed which I will check out.

8. If you're on Mom's lap and I want to be there, you'll have to move. Same goes with Dad's lap & shoulder. They both belong to me and I lay by one of them every evening.

9. Don't try and take the red & blue gizzy quilt or the pink & purple one, either. They're ours! Mom is crocheting a special small blanket and you can use that after I check it out, of course.

10. Regarding your stroller, I've wanted a stroller for a long time but I still don't have one. I think this is very unfair, so I may decide I want to go strollering in yours, which means you can't use it when I'm using it. Keep in mind who has seniority around here!!

11. I am to be called Uncle George and I'll teach you everything you need to know to be in this family. I'll let you hang out with me , but only if you're quiet and you smell good. After all, I do have a certain image to maintain!

12. Oh, I almost forgot...NO fur grabbing or tail pulling!!

24 Comments:

At August 06, 2008 8:39 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you do rule wif an iron paw. but those are purrfektly reasonable rules.

 
At August 06, 2008 9:03 AM, Blogger Sunny's Mommy said...

Good luck with your rules. I think you're going to need it :-/

 
At August 06, 2008 11:18 AM, Blogger The Cat Realm said...

This is sooo smart to lay down rules for a blurpy thing!!! I am afraid you might have to have the staff help you enforce them....
Mrs. OZ

 
At August 06, 2008 11:26 AM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We think you have it all covered.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Laila and Minchie

 
At August 06, 2008 11:43 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Good luck with those rules!

 
At August 06, 2008 2:38 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

Excellent list George - it looks like you've covered all the important points!

 
At August 06, 2008 2:58 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Thanks for giving me your support while I was locked in kitty jail! I'm home!

 
At August 06, 2008 3:23 PM, Blogger Lux said...

I think all those rules are entirely reasonable!

 
At August 06, 2008 4:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol...Sounds good to me hope they work :)

 
At August 06, 2008 5:05 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Good luck George. The little blurpy thing cat read!

 
At August 06, 2008 7:32 PM, Blogger (angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

Those sound like some very good rules. You may want to rethink having the blurpy thing use the litterbox, though.

 
At August 06, 2008 7:34 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

George, it's a good thing you posted these rules right up front. Especially #5!

 
At August 06, 2008 10:39 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Dem is da same rules we started wif. We found dat as dem blurpies gots bigger and started moving around (dey do it on all fours, just like us, at firs) we hadda keep reminding dem of da rules. Dey do learn and when dey gets big enuff yoo can haf dem thro da sparkle balls for yoo.

 
At August 07, 2008 10:06 AM, Blogger caspersmom said...

Sounds like a great set of rules George. Sounds like you are the alpha cat like I am in your house. Sounds like the blurpy girl will soon arrive since your Mom has had the pink shower. Love the Garfield comic. Mom is the one around here sleeping with her mouth open. Bet she would close mighty quick if a bug jumped in. I could hear her already. Arrrgh.

Casper

 
At August 07, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Catzee said...

Yeah, Yeah! Meows an' purrs are better than blurps. Oh! An' I gived you a award.

 
At August 07, 2008 1:02 PM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Way to go, George. Let the blurpy girl know ahead of time what the rules are and that you expect them to be obeyed. Sounds fair to us.

 
At August 07, 2008 3:50 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Those sound very reasonable.

 
At August 07, 2008 5:17 PM, Blogger Samantha & Mom said...

Those are great rules George and grandbabybeans's are such fun! Once you get use to them!
Your FL furiends,

 
At August 07, 2008 5:40 PM, Blogger 1-4 Grace said...

What's a girl?
Mugsy
You da boss!!!!!
Melech
Congrats!
M and M's typist

 
At August 07, 2008 6:56 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

You've got to set the rules right from the start, give them an inch and they crawl a couple more!

 
At August 07, 2008 8:58 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

You may have to reiterate #12 a few times.

 
At August 07, 2008 11:44 PM, Blogger michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wonderful rules!

 
At August 08, 2008 7:07 AM, Blogger Chrissie said...

Those are some eminently reasonable rules, George, but might I had one more?

"No touching of any kitty fur with Sticky fingers, 'cause we all know Sticky Kids, even little Blurpy ones, have Sticky Fingers!"

 
At August 16, 2008 10:18 AM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

You tell her George.

Luf, Bow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails