Friday, April 24, 2009

Improving on my Art

GEORGE

As I was patrolling the house the other day, I happened to glance at my artwork, and look what I found. Someone has been tampering with my work!

Do you see the way my finished piece (on the right) looked and what it looks like now (below)? You need to biggify the picture to examine it closely.












I didn't think my work could be improved upon, but I was wrong. And I have my suspicions as to who might have done this. It's probably Misty, who's been an excellent student, studying under my tutelage for 3 years now.

Upon closer inspection, you can see how she emphasized my original design along the front edge so the stuffing is now showing, meaning she boldly went right down to the framework of this chair. And I have nothing but praise for her daring, new arrangement on the back! Not many up & coming young artists would take on such a challenge.

I'm just so proud of her. She shows great promise, don't you agree?

Mom is complaining that this chair will have to moved down to the basement now. Wait a minute, who can see our work if it's hidden in the basement?!

17 Comments:

At April 24, 2009 3:40 AM, Blogger The Creek Cats said...

Misty definitely learned from the best. You both do excellent work. Maggie May aspires to be that good. She is practicing her art form on the sofa.
I can't believe they are going to move your art to the basement!

 
At April 24, 2009 4:09 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Misty has the promise of great things to come!

 
At April 24, 2009 5:46 AM, Blogger Peggy's Place said...

If they move your art to the basement demand they print and frame your photos to hang for everyone's enjoyment. It's the least they can do.

 
At April 24, 2009 6:01 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

Tell your mom to get some slipcovers. That's what my pet did, but now, we're even getting into those. I'm hoping we can break her down into buying new furniture so we can start this process all over again.

 
At April 24, 2009 6:13 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are honored to know such artists! Will you still be able to work on that canvas if it is in the basement?

 
At April 24, 2009 8:49 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

She is doing a fine job. Far better than Gemini is.

 
At April 24, 2009 8:59 AM, Blogger Cliff and Olivia said...

You must be very proud!

 
At April 24, 2009 9:06 AM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

For some reason, Mama just clapped her hands over my eyes and told me not to get any more ideas about our couch. hee hee

Love,
Tazo

 
At April 24, 2009 9:39 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

Very strong design elements and use of texture in this art work!

 
At April 24, 2009 12:12 PM, Blogger Pinky Ash and Boo said...

After all of that work and now it goes to the basement? That's not fair.

 
At April 24, 2009 12:44 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

She's got talent! And what is it with moms about stuff like this? Mine always says we can't have nice things because "somebody" will "wreck" them. What does that mean, anyway?

 
At April 24, 2009 6:08 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We are both proud of our little Misty, George, and her great teacher...our mom sez we is neffur gonna haf nice furniture. She is looking fur fabric dat is "kitty proof", how horrible is dat!~Speedy

 
At April 24, 2009 8:37 PM, Blogger (angel) Grrreta and Fam said...

You and Misty have created one of the greatest works of art I've ever seen. How could your mom even consider hiding such a masterpiece?

 
At April 24, 2009 11:47 PM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

Some people just don't appreciate the hours of hard work you have put in.

Huffle Mawson

 
At April 25, 2009 8:14 AM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Claps paws in delight!

 
At April 26, 2009 6:03 AM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Misty is learning from the master...good job!

 
At April 26, 2009 9:08 PM, Blogger Kimo and Sabi said...

Yer beans obviously don't appreciate fine artwerk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails