Wednesday, July 08, 2009

A Few Soothing Words for Mom

GEORGE

Mom is very upset and has been ranting & raving. What's wrong, you ask? Remember when that mouse ran into her closet before we could get it? Well, she saw it again last night.

MOM

Yes, I live in a house with 4...count them...4 cats and 1 husband and I end up having to get the mouse! Does that seem right to you?

GEORGE

Now calm down, Mom...calm down. Remember your blood pressure. Why don't you rest for a minute while I tell the story.

Several times in the past week, Mom has seen or heard us chasing the mouse. Actually it was mostly Misty doing the chasing and she caught it several times. Anyway, one evening it was in the kitchen and Mom screamed for Dad to get it, but he missed and the mouse got away. Another night it was in the corner of the family room, but it escaped under the couch. This is one fast mouse, we're talking about here!

MOM

I just can't believe 4 cats can't kill 1 mouse! I think you're all fat, lazy and over-fed, that's what!!

MAX

Now just a minute, Mom...who are you calling fat?! I helped by watching Misty.

TIPPER

Yes, we were all helping Misty by encouraging her. It's not OUR fault she didn't kill it!

MISTY

Hey, wait a second...are you trying to blame this on ME? At least I caught it. You guys didn't do anything but watch!

GEORGE

(ahem) If I could get back to my story, please.

Anyway, Misty cornered the mouse on several different occasions but didn't kill it. This is understandable 'cause she's young and still likes to play. That's why it got away each time before Dad could get it. Despite being captured several times, it was completely unharmed!

Finally last night when Mom heard Misty with the mouse again, Dad was already in bed. So she got the yellow broom from the closet and went to find Misty.

MISTY

Let me tell the rest now...let me tell it!! It was all very exciting. I had the mousie cornered under the desk in the living room and I was batting it around. Then it ran past me and suddenly, out of nowhere, comes this yellow broom. I was startled and jumped out of the way just in time. WHAM!! Mom whacked that mousie so hard he stopped moving. I never knew she could swing a broom like that!

Then, 'cause she was mad, she made Dad get up and he took my mousie away and flushed it down the toilet.

After that I took a nap.

MOM

It's a sad state of affairs when I have to get the mice around here! Maybe you all should go on diets so you lose some weight and have more energy.

MAX

Oh no (smacks paw on forehead) I knew it! The "D" word!!

GEORGE

Now Mom, let's not be hasty here. Before you get carried away and do something we'll all regret, why don't you sit and put your feet up for a while. Have a nice cup of catnip tea.

Mom, I'm sure I can speak for the entire Crew, and I think you'll agree with us that in the end, it doesn't really matter who got the mouse or who didn't. The important thing is that it's gone and you can rest easy now.

(Tipp, what's taking you so long with that tea?! Hurry up...and put an extra dose of 'nip in it or we'll all be starvation diets soon!!)

22 Comments:

At July 08, 2009 4:40 AM, Blogger The Monkeys said...

Haha! If I were you cats, I'd brush up my mousing skills...your Mom sounds serious about the 'D' word!

 
At July 08, 2009 4:59 AM, Blogger The Kitty Krew said...

You have to humor the mom when it comes to mousies. We hope she isn't serious about the "D" word though! Sounds like Misty was having fun playing with the mousie but sometimes you have to buckle down, stop playing, and just take care of business for the beans. Sucks, doesn't it?

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

 
At July 08, 2009 5:03 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

I don't see how this is anycat's fault.

Huffle Mawson

 
At July 08, 2009 7:21 AM, Blogger The Whiskeratti said...

Harsh!! Maybe y'all ought to find another mousie and present it to the Mom Bean so she knows what good hunters you are... and make sure to leave it in a really good place.

Like on her pillow. I think she'd notice that!

 
At July 08, 2009 7:23 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

They sound like my Mothers cat and dog. They would catch a mouse ans play with him till thy grew tired. They shared by taking turns of who was whomping him. WHen they got tired they put him in the bath tub. The mouse could not get out and they would rest and then go back get him out and play more. They eventually made him deaded.

 
At July 08, 2009 7:42 AM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

Wow, what a fun household. We wish we could have been there to watch that. We have never seen a real live mouse.

Uh-oh, Jan just said, "If a mouse moves in, I'm moving out." We hope she doesn't take the checkbook with her.

 
At July 08, 2009 8:15 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

What was the problem? Misty would have gotten it eventually... sigh. You certainly don't need diets--if you were on a diet how would you have the energy to chase a mouse?

 
At July 08, 2009 10:15 AM, Blogger Max said...

People just don't get it. Why WOULD you kill it? That was probably a favorite toy! If you kill it you have to stop playing with it! Sheesh. It's a simple concept. Why don't they get it?

 
At July 08, 2009 11:06 AM, Blogger Reese =^..^= said...

A mouse? I'll be right over.

 
At July 08, 2009 12:55 PM, Blogger Ivan from WMD said...

Well, kids, the problem I see is that your dad was a little slow on the draw. Seems like he had endless opportunity to catch the thing after you did all the work.

Now, isn't your mom afraid that it was just knocked out before it went on that swim? If I were her, I think I'd be checking the toilet for the next month or so, just in case.

 
At July 08, 2009 2:35 PM, Blogger Laila and Angel Minchie said...

When you have an important job to do, just give it to the girls and and not the boys!

Good work Misty and MOM!

Laila and Mom Peggy

 
At July 08, 2009 2:57 PM, Blogger The Creek Cats said...

Oh no! Not the "D" word!

Your mom sure did a great job of catching that mousie!

 
At July 08, 2009 4:12 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

We're with Max...if you killed it, what fun would you have then??? The humans just don't get it....

 
At July 08, 2009 6:31 PM, Blogger Sweet Purrfections said...

Hee! Hee! That's pretty funny. For a minute, I thought Misty was going to say your mom hit her with the yellow broom.

Glad there are no mice here - I just don't think I could allow my floofy paws to touch it.

 
At July 08, 2009 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humans just don't know anything about having fun the way cats do. Pick up broom, whack a mouse, all done. We don't think that sounds like any fun at all! You guys had the right idea, biding your time until you could trap the mouse and play awhile.

 
At July 08, 2009 7:59 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Maybe you just want to all have the mouse to play with?

 
At July 08, 2009 8:13 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

I always gotta play a bit with mousies before I kills them. Sometimes mum gets tired of my playing and smacks them. Then she throws them back outside. She makes sure they are deaded.

 
At July 08, 2009 8:20 PM, Blogger Just Sharlene and the Spice Cats said...

Hahahaha.... lucky I dont have this problem. Winter takes care of all the mouse.

 
At July 09, 2009 5:26 AM, Blogger Dunkin said...

I like mice - I can come help you and make your momma happy again.

we could have a mouse hunt!

 
At July 09, 2009 6:04 AM, Blogger Zeus said...

That mouse sounds horrible. I know my human pet would have been freaking out just like your's did if she had to get the mouse herself. I don't know that she would even would have gotten it. Probably not.

So glad it's over though for you! I'm sure you can all get some peace and quiet now.

 
At July 09, 2009 7:42 AM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

There is scientific evidence that some mice are so fast only mom's can actually whack them. (Shhh...don't tell your mom but I just made that up for you four because I don't want you to be on a starvation diet!)

 
At July 09, 2009 12:05 PM, Blogger Fat Eric said...

Hmmm...I hate to say it but I think your mom may actually have a point here...maybe you should make sure to get the next mousie so that you don't all get put on a d-i-e-t...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails