Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Her 1st Visit

GEORGE

Mom & Dad have been preparing for this for days. It's been a whirlwind of activity. Now she's been here and gone. As Senior Cat, the responsibility was on me to be the first to greet our new Blurpy Girl and welcome her into the family. Max and Tipper didn't even come out from where they were hiding from all the commotion but Misty checked out her bouncy chair. We were all well behaved and no one hissed at her or touched her with our paws.

But, let me tell you friends, everything I've heard about these blurpy things is TRUE!! They're about the same size we are but they're very funny looking 'cause they don't have much hair and their faces get scrunched up when they cry. They also have lots of strange smells around them. As you can see, I tried to get in close to give her a good sniffing but I had to watch out for those little fists she was waving around or she might have conked me right in the head!!

She made some really loud noises that sounded like "eh, eh, eh..."oo-WAAH, oo-WAAH, WAAH". This is called crying and we didn't like it at all so we ran! When she's being quiet, like after she eats, she's OK I guess. Mom says the next time she comes over she'll be bigger and maybe won't make so much noise. So I'll have to try again to introduce myself since my first attempt didn't go well.

But Mom's upset that one of us (and she doesn't know who!!) did some territorial marking by the bouncy chair and peed right on the floor!!! She wasn't expecting that since we Crew members are very good about using our litterboxes and have never done that, even when Shasta & Reyna visit or when a new kitten's been adopted into the family.

Well...what can I say, Mom. Remember, this is all new for us. I can tell you it definitely wasn't an accident and we're not apologizing for it, either! We're just letting Blurpy know her place here and that we expect her to behave.

Sorry that you have to wash the chair & seat cover already, but I'm not revealing what I know about who did it!!! I'll be maintaining a strict code of silence.

16 Comments:

At September 02, 2008 8:24 AM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Hi George, Tipper, Max and Misty! Speedy is on his way over to snuggle with Misy, but, we have to tell yoo dat da first blurpy that ever came here caused da same behaviour from Zippy. Mom really thinks she was trying to mark the baby as her property...see, being clawless the beans let her really get in der and sniff the baby, she even sat next to her in da carry seat. Every time someone would pick the baby up Zippy would follow them. Dad thinks that Zippy thawt the baby was for her.

 
At September 02, 2008 11:13 AM, Blogger Daisy said...

I think you were all very well behaved around that little baby. Except for the little potty incident. And that is understandable.

 
At September 02, 2008 12:05 PM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

you were very well behaved. maybe someone was trying to do what zs&s said - mark the baby as theirs!

 
At September 02, 2008 2:24 PM, Blogger PB 'n J said...

It sounds like you did really well with the Blurpy - way better than any of us would have!

 
At September 02, 2008 3:09 PM, Blogger Shilgiah the Cat said...

George you did a great job with the blurpy baby bean! My mom thinks those baby beans are so precious. Me, I think they need more furr.

 
At September 02, 2008 3:51 PM, Blogger Lux said...

I think maybe when the babies get a little bigger their furs come in. I hope so, anyway.

It was probably just a case of nerves that made someone pee on the floor.

 
At September 02, 2008 5:34 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

Are you sure the blurpy thing didn't pee? I'm just saying, I hear they're known for that.

 
At September 02, 2008 5:38 PM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

Oh my. Well it's best to be warned isn't it? They can't say you didn't do warn them.

 
At September 02, 2008 7:19 PM, Blogger Just Ducky said...

Well at least the first visit went OK. But these things do get bigger and I hope the next visit is smooth with no "accidents".

 
At September 02, 2008 7:31 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Oh yea, we just laid the rules down for the alien blurpy here too! Yoo's gotta set the rules first thing, we was told.

 
At September 02, 2008 8:07 PM, Blogger Max said...

Oh yeah blame the kitties. Maybe the Blurpy peed on the floor. I've seen how sneaky they are. They can aim it right out of their pee-catchers!

 
At September 03, 2008 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your little one!!! She is sweet!!!

I made a meme for you, come and have a look.

 
At September 03, 2008 4:06 AM, Blogger Parker said...

Just a little territory thing, we kitties gotta' let the new little ones know that what's ours is ours!
She sure is a cutie though!

 
At September 03, 2008 9:20 AM, Blogger Forty Paws said...

Well. We totally understand the peeing incident. Totally.

Luf, Us

 
At September 03, 2008 1:46 PM, Blogger The Furry Kids said...

Is your mom sure that it wasn't blurpy pee? Because I've heard they do that.

EG

 
At September 03, 2008 7:54 PM, Blogger muffinmidi said...

I think the visit went very well. Someone just wanted to mark their territory. That's perfectly okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails