Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Rules for Shasta

GEORGE

Recently I told you our human sister's dog, Shasta, is going to be living here for a while. And I said I'd put together a list of rules I expect her to obey. I've given this a lot of thought and want to thank everycat for your great suggestions.

I'm ready to dictate my list, Mom. Mom...are you ready?

MOM

Yes Georgie, go ahead.

GEORGE

Good. This list will be similar to the one I made for our former Blurpy-now-Sticky Girl when she was born but more strict. I mean, we are dealing with a DAWG here, not a human!!


RULES FOR SHASTA

1. This is my house and I'm Senior Cat which means I am the boss here. I run a tight ship and don't put up with any nonsense. And remember, there are 3 other cats here who are also your bosses. Well, maybe not Misty 'cause she's younger than you.

2. Don't look at me, touch me or try to talk to me, and for heaven's sake, no barking when I'm napping. Please remember, I nap at least 18 hours a day.

3. No stealing our food. Mom will put our feeder up on the kitchen table so you can't get at it. This is a major inconvenience because now we have to jump up there to eat. Regarding the water bowl, don't leave any of your germs in it.

4. Mom bought you dog toys so don't bother our toys. You have (Mom, I'm sorry, but I need to say one of the bad words here) "dog breth" and we don't want your icky dog slobber on our toys, either.

5. Don't bother our litterboxes. Absolutely (ugh) NO EATING out of the boxes will be allowed. When you need to answer nature's call, don't do anything on our floor where we have to look at it, or smell it. Be civilized and take your business outside.

6. I usually nap on either Dad's lap or Mom's lap in the evening. If I want a lap and you're on it, you will vacate that lap immediately. Once I'm on the lap, don't even think about trying to lay anywhere near me.

7. No jumping on the big bed or any sofa or chair if I'm up there. The same goes for Max who can usually be found napping near me. If Misty or Tipper want to lay near you, please work that out with them directly.

8. No chasing us. We don't like it.

9. If we have to pass each other in the hall or kitchen, I will ignore you and you will yield the right of way to me.

10. There might be an occasion where I find it necessary to whap you if you intrude into my space. Please refer to Rule #1 and remember, I am Senior Cat here.




OK, I think that's about it, Mom. Please print several copies and put one in every room where Shasta will walk, preferably down at her eye level so she doesn't miss it!

25 Comments:

At December 09, 2009 5:15 AM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Those are some excellent rules, George, and we hope Shasta abides by them...

 
At December 09, 2009 6:26 AM, Blogger The Whiskeratti said...

Hm... we think that covers 'bout everything!

 
At December 09, 2009 6:42 AM, Blogger SeaThreePeeO said...

We think that covers it nicely!

 
At December 09, 2009 7:11 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You have thought of every thing!

 
At December 09, 2009 8:07 AM, Blogger Maggie May said...

Great rules! Our Dixie Dog needs to get acquainted with rule number 5!!
~Maggie May and The Creek Cats~

 
At December 09, 2009 8:27 AM, Blogger Amy & the house of cats said...

Wow that is a lot of rules! I hope Shasta follows them!

 
At December 09, 2009 8:30 AM, Blogger Elizabeth and Connor said...

We think that is very simple and to the point! You're not asking for too much.

 
At December 09, 2009 8:39 AM, Blogger One Cats Nip said...

Now that IS a tight ship!

 
At December 09, 2009 8:59 AM, Blogger Raymond and Busby said...

Yikes! Good luck getting Shasta to abide by all those rules.

 
At December 09, 2009 9:02 AM, Blogger Rupert said...

EXCELLENT set of rules! I will read with great interest how closely Shasta follows them!

Paws 'n Claws,
Rupert

 
At December 09, 2009 9:40 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

I do hope that Shasta obeys those rules. Dogs often think that rules do not apply to them (because they think they are cute.)

 
At December 09, 2009 9:46 AM, Blogger Gemini and Ichiro said...

George--ewwww 7 F? We had 12 F!!! It's a heat wave!!!!

 
At December 09, 2009 10:53 AM, Blogger Lisa Kolosey said...

I sure hope Shasta doesn't have any Terrier in her or you're not going to have a lot of luck.
~Lisa Co9T

 
At December 09, 2009 2:06 PM, Blogger Tiki, Kirby, and StanLee said...

Those are some good rules. We have a baby gate that has a kitty door in it so that Kesey stays out of our litterboxes.

Tiki

 
At December 09, 2009 2:06 PM, Blogger SASS....Sammy Andy Shelly Sierra said...

Great rules, George........tell Shasta you and all your friends will gang up on her if she doesn't follow the rules!!!!!!!

 
At December 09, 2009 2:17 PM, Blogger Anya said...

Yes your list is okay :-)
rules are rules ........... LOL

((HUGS))
Kareltje =^.^=

 
At December 09, 2009 2:35 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Those are good rules...can we borrow dem because da wheelie dog is liffing wif us fur now and sometimes he drinks outta our water dish even tho Zippy told him not to.

 
At December 09, 2009 3:09 PM, Blogger Karen and Gerard said...

I think you covered everything very nicely! Our cats pretty much just ignored our dog when we first got her, but now they will lay down near by each other sometimes and even will do noses!

We also put their food dishes up on tables but that gives them a little exercise and they don't seem to mind. I put cardboard fences around their litter boxes which gives them more privacy which they seem to like and also keeps the dog from the poop treats.

Hope all you cats can adjust to the new dog and hope it is a nice one that doesn't really bother you.

 
At December 09, 2009 3:18 PM, Blogger GLOGIRLY said...

That's a very well composed and comprehensive list. I would do the same thing if faced with a permanent dog resident. You're going to have to strictly enforce these rules... don't count on Shasta being able to actually READ the posted rules. After all, he's a dog and therefore not very intelligent or literate.

Best of luck. Keep us apprised of the situation.

mew!
Katie
(Glogirly's cat)

 
At December 09, 2009 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very sensible and reasonable rules, those. We are impressed with the no barking when napping rule. So easily overlooked, but so very important.

 
At December 09, 2009 4:18 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

Those are very good sensible rules, George! Let us know if Shasta pays anny attention to them...

 
At December 09, 2009 5:37 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Sounds purrfectly reasonable to us.

 
At December 09, 2009 7:20 PM, Blogger The Monkeys said...

Sounds fair enough to us! We hope that Shasta follows these rules!

 
At December 09, 2009 7:49 PM, Blogger Noir the Texas Tabby said...

WOW---Shasta has NO clue what's getting into... :) Hey, but cats DO rule!

Noir

 
At December 21, 2009 9:53 AM, Blogger Cliff and Olivia said...

Now we see what rule #8 means. Very reasonable set of house rules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails