Friday, December 17, 2010

My Card

GEORGE

I've been thinking about retirement for a while and since I turned 13 in July, I've decided to retire and let my siblings take over running our household. I taught them everything they need to know so I think, between the 3 of them, things will be in good paws. Naturally, I will retain my Senior Cat status, but the day-to-day problems will be handled by them. Of course, if they run into a serious problem, I'll be available and can be found on the big bed, napping under the quilt.

"But George, what will you do all day once you're retired", you may be thinking. Well, more work on my art projects, bird watching and napping, that's for sure. But the main thing is, I've decided to become a Cat Consultant. All the high powered politicians and executives go into consulting when they retire from their prestige jobs and I hear there's lots of green papers to be had! And maybe I could travel some with Dad and help him.

To further this important career move, I decided I should have some fancy business cards to hand out to anyone who may want to make use of my services. So...without further ado, I present "My Card".

All consultations must be booked in advance and my fees will be very reasonable. I'll charge by the quarter hour, payable as follows:

15 minutes - 3 treats
30 minutes - 5 treats
45 minutes - 8 treats
60 minutes - 10 treats

If you need an appointment longer than 60 minutes, plan to bring 1 oz. of primo 'nip (no stale stuff, please!) or 1 oz. of tuna water, along with the treats, and understand I may need to take a quick nap to refresh myself. Of course, my nap will also be charged to you.

24 Comments:

At December 17, 2010 6:59 AM, Blogger The Meezers or Billy said...

now THAT'S a great plan!!!!

 
At December 17, 2010 7:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are reasonable rates!

 
At December 17, 2010 7:30 AM, Blogger Raymond and Busby said...

George, we like your business card and your plan. Good luck!

 
At December 17, 2010 7:30 AM, Blogger SeaThreePeeO said...

That's a great plan and with such reasonable rates you should ever be without a client or two.

 
At December 17, 2010 7:33 AM, Blogger Angel Simba said...

So though you are retiring from your main job, you are still going to be a consultant! That is he best idea.

This post is a great coincidence because my Dad is actually retiring from his jobbie today. More scritches and treats and deck time for mE!

 
At December 17, 2010 8:05 AM, Blogger My Mind's Eye said...

Tipper OMC we were separated at birth!!! My b-day is March 11, 2002. How old are you?
Holy Mackrel...except for the freckles on my nose we could be twins!!!
Thanks so much for stopping by to say hi!!!
Mom said she would bookmark your bloggie. We'll stay in touch,
Hugs Madi and Mom

 
At December 17, 2010 8:08 AM, Blogger My Mind's Eye said...

PS George...my mom is retiring from her work on 4/1/11...maybe you two can start a business....MOL
Madi

 
At December 17, 2010 8:16 AM, Blogger Kea said...

Excellent strategy, and we think it promises to be very lucrative!

 
At December 17, 2010 9:03 AM, Blogger Angel, Kirby and Max said...

You are the mancat with a plan.

 
At December 17, 2010 9:21 AM, Blogger Katnip Lounge said...

Do you need a West Coast Pawtner? I'm 14 and have things well in paw at my house.
KonaKitty.

 
At December 17, 2010 11:37 AM, Blogger The Whiskeratti said...

What a purrrfect plan. And clearly you're the cat for the job. We wish you luck - let us know how it goes.

 
At December 17, 2010 1:08 PM, Blogger Mark's Mews (Marley, Lori, Loki, and Binq) said...

That is a really great business card, George! Special credit fer the honesty of "Member of Catnip Anonymous"! Any client will know you can be trusted...

Have the younger kitties decided on a business hierarchy?

 
At December 17, 2010 1:36 PM, Blogger dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

*stealing bag of treats to pay for courses*

 
At December 17, 2010 4:02 PM, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

That is a very good idea. We wish you every success in your new venture.

 
At December 17, 2010 6:05 PM, Blogger Jans Funny Farm said...

that's a neat idea. Two more years and I can retire.

Cotton

 
At December 17, 2010 6:47 PM, Blogger Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

What a great plan George! Zippy want to know if yoo need a purrsonal assistant as she would like to retire from being our head cat and move on to something a little less demanding.

 
At December 17, 2010 7:40 PM, Blogger Carolyon said...

I think you could charge a higher treat fee! You have had 13 years of experience!

 
At December 17, 2010 8:23 PM, Blogger The Island Cats said...

Wow, George! We think your consultant fees are very reasonable!!

 
At December 17, 2010 9:08 PM, Blogger A few Good Cats said...

We are impressed with your business plan, George. Wishing you success and a prosperous 2011!

 
At December 18, 2010 4:30 AM, Blogger Teddy Westlife said...

This is going to be an excellent business, I can tell!

 
At December 18, 2010 5:42 AM, Blogger Vanillabeanseed said...

First, thanks for commenting on my blog and now im going to be following YOU! :D

Second, georges nose is soooo cuteeeeeeeeeeee

and third, great plans! :D

 
At December 18, 2010 9:32 PM, Blogger Quill and Greyson said...

How about you train humans? They need so much help.

 
At December 21, 2010 8:29 PM, Blogger OKcats said...

Good luck with your new business, Mr. George! We are sure you'll have a lot of clients!

 
At December 22, 2010 1:44 AM, Blogger TabbyNormal said...

George, your retirement sounds like it is going to be very busy. Very busy indeed! We LOVE your card. We predict you will have more treats than you can eat in no time!

In case you were unaware, we have moved our blog from blogspot to our own new webspace @ http://www.tabbynormal.com/ and are currently in the process of updating our friends-list (of course you're on it!).

Now, Tabby Normal is for all friends of tabby-cats in the International Tabby Community! Stop by and say hello, and join our facebook group, too, @ http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_176622229024827

Happy Holidays!
Love,
Abby Normal and Ms. C

PS. We are logging in to Google so we can post this, tho we don't use it for our blogging anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Related Posts with Thumbnails